A JW's worst nightmare - A SMURFS convention!

by lepermessiah 9 Replies latest jw friends

• lepermessiah
    lepermessiah

This looks a lot more fun than the District Convention!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=86uzIfhizzk&feature=related

• Soldier77
    Soldier77

haha!

You've been smurfed.

• JWoods
    JWoods

Just as a question - are the SMURFS even commercially published or the dolls produced any more? I never see them on TV or in stores -

Is it possible that they have had a second life only in JW superstitions, and have been largely forgotten by the general public?

Further, is it even possible that the witnesses could have dreamed up a more unlikely (and ludicrously silly) demon fear to keep around for about 35 years now?

• undercover
    undercover

There's a new Smurf movie coming out in 2011... sure to send JWs everywhere in a panic...

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0472181/

• lepermessiah
    lepermessiah

The SMURFS Movie is coming out next year - that will be hillarious to see the BLUE SCARE sweep through the Kingdom Halls across the world.

If JW's thought "Avatar" got hammered at the assemblies this year, just wait!

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Smurfs_%28film%29

• lepermessiah
    lepermessiah

Further, is it even possible that the witnesses could have dreamed up a more unlikely (and ludicrously silly) demon fear to keep around for about 35 years now?

It is so comical. I knew Witness families who watched every Disney film featuring fairies, witches, magic, genies, etc, but were mortified of the SMURFS.

• man in black
    man in black

I've been to several star trek conventions with my youngest son,,,,,, cool and strange at the same time.

Smurfs,,, now that would be flat - out strange !

• JWoods
    JWoods
    It is so comical. I knew Witness families who watched every Disney film featuring fairies, witches, magic, genies, etc, but were mortified of the SMURFS.

I first heard it after I had left in the late 1970s - from a kind of halfway-in, halfway-out JW that I used to know when I was active. I actually thought it was a joke at first - but sadly enough, it was real in a very weird way.

This guy said that somebody reported that plastic smurf dolls were walking around right there in the kingdom hall (under satanic power) and wanted to know if I thought it was possible.

I told him that it was IMHO NOT POSSIBLE unless those dolls had batteries in them.

I am still not sure if this was ever an official WTBTS superstition, but for sure it developed an urban JW life of it's own.

• Soldier77
    Soldier77

LOL! Avatar (what were the native aliens called?) Navi = the anti-Smurf.

• JWoods
    JWoods

Just by chance, the radio DJ on the way to work this morning told the story about how that urban legend of the rock music records that gave out satanic messages when played backward got started:

Turns out it was a non-JW evangalistic nutcase preacher that made it up. They gave his name, but I didn't catch it.

It made me think of this thread - made me wonder if perhaps this smurf rumor also came from some non-JW fire and brimstone preacher nut?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit