Michael Jackson article in Vanity Fair

by mutinyinheaven 3 Replies latest jw friends

• mutinyinheaven
    mutinyinheaven

This month they did an article on the making of Thriller and included the whacked family dynamic and JW beliefs, where the elders were about the DF him for promoting "demonology".

Unfortunately, they didn't describe what would really happen to him if he was DFed.

Then I realized, his family was so greedy that they would use the B---S---, 'we're in business together', clause from the wtbts.

what was excellent about the article is it showed how naive jackson was to sexuality and asking the questions of a 12 year old when he was an adult.

---similar to my novel, where when i was in edit mode i received feedback that, a 16 year old wouldn't say that, and i had to let them know that in the jw world, sex was for married people and there was one photo of a woman in her nighty serving her husband's needs, now don't masturbate or you're commiting adultery in your hearts.---

and since i'm recently single again, it's truely a mindF--- as i try to catch up with civilization. many friends are helping me navigate these waters of fun, frustration, excitement and not feeling guilty.

check out the jackson article, read b/t the lines like only ex-jws can. :)

-tony
    www.jesusjerk.com

• Snoozy
    Snoozy

I recently purchased Michael Jackson's "Moonwalk". It is the one released after Michel died.

I can't wait to read it.

Is there a link to the article?

Snoozy

Short discription of article.

http://www.vanityfair.com/online/daily/2010/06/nancy-griffin-on-the-making-of-michael-jacksons-thriller.html

Snoozy..

This gal Nancy Griffin also posted a article in the 1983 issue on The making of Thriller.

• mutinyinheaven
    mutinyinheaven

i have a feeling he'll hold back on jw stuff in moonwalk, but definitely need to read that.

• JimmyPage
    JimmyPage

similar to my novel, where when i was in edit mode i received feedback that, a 16 year old wouldn't say that, and i had to let them know that in the jw world, sex was for married people

Non JWs have no clue, (sigh)... the book was great, Tony!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit