LGBT Today And Its Meaning.

by Scott77 5 Replies latest jw friends

• Scott77
    Scott77

Alot of posters and the media in general have focused on discussing Gays and Lesbian issue. However, I think two other categories have been left out. These are B-Sexual and Transgender people. Please, do you know any JW or a friend who has been a member of at least one group?

• JimmyPage
    JimmyPage

Does JCanon count?

• Blue Grass
    Blue Grass

"Bi-sexual" and "transgendered" men and women are considered gay so they actually are included in Gay and Lesbian issues.

Blue Grass

• brizzzy
    brizzzy

I'm friends with a former JW girl from my congregation who identifies as genderqueer (she says that they've since added "Q" on, to make it LGBTQ). She still lives with her JW mom, who she's tried to tell that she's lesbian/genderqueer, but every time she tries to come out, her mom shakes her head and goes "don't tell me, I don't want to know." Mega denial.

• Scott77
    Scott77

Wow! for the the JW mom. It will be a matter of time before she accepts the new reality of her daughter's true sexual identity or orientation.

• darkuncle29
    darkuncle29

I just wonder, at what point will we stop adding letters of the alphabet to make smaller and more divisive labels? I mean really? So I'm a man

that loves other men, doesn't mean I'm a RXYZBTLQWOPSA.

I think labels can be useful in communication as reference points in how things relate, but when we rigidly lock onto them, we loose so much potential.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit