Why does everyone want to 'quietly' leave? Annual departure day?

by EndofMysteries 3 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• EndofMysteries
    EndofMysteries

It seems there are sooo many who sense something is wrong, or not right. Everyone who just 'fades' or is dfed or no longer a jw, it's all assumed for immoral reasons or they just want to lead a 'worldly' lifestyle. Some do, don't believe in God and that's their choice. For those who leave for 'biblical' reasons, and that what is taught is against the bible, actually leave on conscience grounds, if leaving, why not set the story straight, let all know why?

If trying to stay and continue, that's one thing. I bet if a certain day all those getting ready did at same time and all let all know why, that would wake some up.

Or how about asking questions during meeting?

Example......upcoming forgot if the 4/15 or 6/15 WT, but an article on the holy spirit guiding the organization. They quote Ez, which speaks of the chariot, and it's talking about the 'living creature' (same ones in Revelation/cherubs) and whatever it thinks is the way the chariot goes. Then they claim it's the holy spirit. So would love to see some ask during the WT, "I got a question here, it seems its saying the 'living creature' and we all know the holy spirit is a 'force', so can you explain how that is supposed to be the holy spirit?

"Evidently" whoever wrote that article has no idea what they are talking about.

I can't stand the lies and twisting, when I do go, I will be sure to show SCRIPTUALLY why, and many examples of what is being twisted.

As for existing friends and ties, are they really your friends? So many fake, so very few sincere.

• Desilusionnee
    Desilusionnee

Endofmysteries,

friends and existing ties are not the only reason why some (like me) want to leave quietly. I'm married to a JW since nearly 11 years now and I love him. Moreover we have 2 little girls (2 and 5 year old), I just want to avoid conflicts. I don't want to leave alone and that's why I try my best too show him little by little that the "truth" is not that holy.

Desi

• joeblow
    joeblow

For many it's family. Breaking away in a big fanfair will only serve to tear apart what will remain of a fragile family relationship. People want to be able to talk to their parents and siblings. The GB instructs JWs to shun Df'ed people even if they are immediate family members... so if you quietly fade, you have a better chance of keeping your family somewhat together instead of shredding it to little bits.

If it was just me, I would have made a point about my exit.... but it's not just me.

• NiceDream
    NiceDream

I've made my exit in my heart, and I don't want to go to anymore meetings.

My husband is still a JW, and I don't want him to take my son away from me if I DA myself or something like that. I don't care about my inlaws shunning me, but I would hate not being with my son when he visited with them in case they tried to pull something funny.

It would be nice to ask those questions at the meetings, but the elders would probably want to chat with me about it.

Currently, I'm trying to make inroads with my Mom. She already hates going to meetings.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit