Do you know of anybody who...

by MrFreeze 6 Replies latest jw experiences

• MrFreeze
    MrFreeze

... has gone to a District Convention based on one of the invitations in the annual campaign? My convention is held about 3 hours from where I live so I doubt it has gotten anybody to go to the convention. I'm not even sure what the purpose of it is.

On another note, people who come might be turned away at the door anyway. Yes, that has happened. Someone I knew decided to come to the convention (who wasn't a witness) dressed in a regular shirt and jeans was turned away at the door by an attendant because they thought he was going to try and disrupt things. He couldn't name the congregation I was apart of and didn't have an badge so they wouldn't let him in.

• Witness 007
    Witness 007

I thought the opposite was true.....they would drag people inside kicking and screaming if they could.......and they would be kicking and screaming to get out too.

• NiceDream
    NiceDream

no. My inlaws live 8 hours away from their convention site and still do the invites. I doubt many would travel that far to attend some religious event.

• yknot
    yknot

No, nobody who isn't a study is ever going to drive up that way for a DC unless they have some ulterior motive.....

Our DC is one of the last at that particular rented facility........ so even the 'locals' have already come and gone.

• man in black
    man in black

Nope, never heard of this work producing results in over 25 years of doing it.

• Leirben
    Leirben

In all likelihood it's just something else to keep the dubs busy so they have no time to really study, think or question, right? Like telephone witnessing and writing letters.

• straightshooter
    straightshooter

I remember previous DCs where it was announced of ones who came because of the tract campaign. It always made me wonder how in the world they knew of such information.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit