Regarding the PBS special on The Mormons previously discussed....

by lepermessiah 3 Replies latest jw friends

• lepermessiah
    lepermessiah

I finally got around to watching the entire special - its 4 hours long but very fascinating.

I'm not sure if its been posted on here, but you can watch it online:

http://www.pbs.org/mormons/view/

If you get a chance - go under Part Two and watch Chapter Four entitled "The Mission", Chapter 6 "Dissenters and Exiles", and Chapter 7 "Disciplinary Actions" ........those chapters are so freakishly similar to JW's that it sent chills down my spine.

Actually, the entire special made me think how similar these religions are - mainly as high control authoritarian groups. Its scary.

Another point - They have a requirement to have Family Study Night on Monday - the WT was slow getting that one in place!

• leavingwt
    leavingwt

This is an excellent program. Highly recommended.

• JediMaster
    JediMaster

Definetely will watch this later. Thanks for the summary, really caught my attention.

• NiceDream
    NiceDream

Thank you for posting. I just watched Ch 4 "the Mission" and was shocked to learn how much those kids go through to be missionaries. That would be awful to not have any private time for 2 years. I cried watching the part on them preaching to uninterested ones, I don't want my son to grow up knocking on doors as a Witness like I had to.

Now I have to watch the rest! It is interesting to see similarities with JWs. I remember listeing to a clip of Mormon sacrament, and it was a discussion between Jehovah and Michael that creeped me out.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit