Another Interesting Paragraph in the "Generation" WT Study this week.

by lepermessiah 4 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• lepermessiah
    lepermessiah

I thought this paragraph was another example of the stupidity of this article and how it is very self-incriminating.

If this really is the "true" organization, wouldnt "cleanness" be an outstanding quality?

Would God's Spirit really allow thousands of victims of pedophilia, mental abuse, etc? If so, wouldnt that be an exception and not a normal occurance?

Most JW's will dismiss this paragraph as well with excuses of "Well, Paul spoke of such ones in his day" or "That is why we disfellowship" but what about the concept that the Holy Spirit is a force for cleanness among God's people? What about the outstanding morals of some of other faiths? What about the sleazy JW who goes door to door - is he better than a non-JW who lives a very moral life and abides by the Golden Rule?

11 First, holy spirit is a force for cleanness among

God’s people. Those who play a part in Jehovah’s

purpose must be morally clean. ( Read 1 Corinthians

6:9-11. ) Some who become true Christians formerly

engaged in such immoral practices as fornication,

adultery, and homosexuality. The desires

that give birth to sinful acts can be deeply entrenched.

(Jas. 1:14, 15) Yet, such individuals have

been “washed clean,” indicating that they have made the changes in their life needed to please God. What enables a lover of God to resist successfully the impulse

to act on wrong desires? “The spirit of our

God,” says 1 Corinthians 6:11. By keeping morally

clean, you show that you are letting that spirit be a

dominant force in your life.

• Soldier77
    Soldier77

Thanks for this, I've been so focused on par. 13, 14 that I overlooked this one. This is another slam to what's been going on in the congregation I attend, there is a lot of "things" being covered up that are definitely not morally clean. It's the reason I started doubting everything 6 months ago and lead me down the rabbit hole.

• blondie
    blondie

This is one of those threads that locks me out, no mod necessary.

• booby
    booby

what does your comment mean blondie. you obviously can see it and comment on it. am curious what you are referring to

• WTWizard
    WTWizard

I don't abide by the Bible, but I understand that part of the scripture refers to idolatry. As much as they want to concentrate on fornication (minus the pedophiles that get away with it), idolatry is another item listed here. The religion claims zero tolerance for idolatry--even setting up a Christmas tree is worshiping the sun, which they do not tolerate. Yet, they cannot make a personal decision without consulting something printed by the Filthful and Disgraceful Slavebugger, and they read everything the Filthful and Disgraceful Slavebugger prints with a view to complying with it to the letter. That is the most blatant form of idolatry there is, and they have led many people to believe something that blatantly contradicts the Bible as if it were scriptural (the "a generation", discussed in the same article, is a prime example).

Effectively, everyone that believes "a generation " is those whose lives intersect with those who saw the beginning of the end based on this article will have violated the paragraph about "uncleanness". Believing this, when there is absolutely no proof that Jesus meant the above, is every bit as bad as fornication or adultery--it is listed as "idolatry".

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit