Methane based life on Titan?

by SacrificialLoon 4 Replies latest social current

• SacrificialLoon
    SacrificialLoon

Is one hypothesis for what is going on on the surface of Titan.

http://www.nasa.gov/topics/solarsystem/features/titan20100603.html

• Think About It
    Think About It

Titan? I always figured they'd find methane based life on Uranus.

Think About It

• DaCheech
    DaCheech

haven't read it, but bookmarked

thank you, life is about organized intelligence........... anything is possible

• tooktheredpill
    tooktheredpill

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!

Think About It: You made my day!

TTRP

• Nathan Natas
    Nathan Natas

I think one has to first realize that there may be a completely plausable geo-chemical process happening there that does not involve living organisms at all. This is really just the application of Occam's razor to the problem: the least complicated solution would ask, "can this be done in a non-biological way?" The one difficulty I see with this is that Titan is COLD, brother, and mechanistic chemical reaction slow down as temperature decreases. An extraterrestrial enzyme might account for many wonderful things at low temperatures.

We have met some of the terran extremophles in the vicinity of deep-sea thermal vents, and we're at a loss to explain why the shrimp and crab aren't cooked. Likewise, there some insects, worms and other things that thing the antarctic ice sheets are PARADISE. Each to his own.

Having said that, who is more likely to understand the way the universe works, a "scientist" trained in godless secular rational thinking and the wisdom of the world, or a prayerful snake-handling theologian thumping his old book? The snake-handling theologian, of course!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit