The Happiest People on Earth -- A quick video

by Elsewhere 5 Replies latest jw friends

• Elsewhere
    Elsewhere

All JW's are taught that they are the happiest people on earth.

Turns out that the people of North Korea are also taught that they are the happiest people on earth.

Click link to watch: http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/programmes/newsnight/8701959.stm

The similarities are uncanny.

• man in black
    man in black

WOW, you were not kidding.

The witnesses and N. Korea people can be interchanged very easily

great video, thanks for sharing, I really enjoyed it.

• Pootler
    Pootler

I've always been fascinated, or even obsessed by dystopias, the real ones like North Korea and Stalinist Russia, and the fictional ones like 1984 and The Handmaid's Tale. I'm pretty certain it comes from a steady diet of WT illustration and and rules and doublethink.

Funnily enough it only very recently occurred to me that the Watchtower paradise would be a dystopia too, if it were real. Can you imagine?

Anyone who was ever female and JW should read The Handmaid's Tale by the way. You'll appreciate it more than most readers ever could.:-)

• teel
    teel

The similarities were striking... Problems everywhere, but keep saying we're the happiest, you'll come to believe it.

I was honestly afraid for the reporter's life, at points it was like she was poking in a nest of vipers.

• Heartbreaker
    Heartbreaker

That was a very interesting video, I enjoyed watching that. I couldn't help but ache for the children, the ones that were more privledged surely suffer from the high control, and the ones that were poor obviously suffer all kind of atrocities...one can't even imagine. Made me heartsick, but I was still glad to see it. Definitely perspective correcting.

• ziddina
    ziddina

Wow... Chilling... And the similarities between the WTBTS mentality and that of the North Korean leaders is striking...

North Korea - what the world would look like under the WTBTS... Minus the military goose-stepping, perhaps...

Zid

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit