Remembering Ray...Six Screens Conference Call, Barbara Anderson and Marilyn Zweifel. June 5th.. 7 P.M E.S.T.

by koolaid-man 8 Replies latest jw friends

• koolaid-man
    koolaid-man

The Six Screens of the Watchtower Conference Call will be focusing on the impact Ray Franz has had on the lives of so many people. We all miss Ray, a man who stood courageously on the "front lines of truth". Special guest Barbara Anderson and Marilyn Zweifel of the 1-800why1914 J.W. hotline will help us to remember Ray Franz who passed away this week. It's easy to get on the call, no computer is necessary, just dial 712-432-8710 and when asked for pin press 9925. Our lines open at 6:30 P.M. E.S.T. and our program starts at 7 P.M. E.S.T. so come on early and talk to all of those who have been touched by the tentacles of The Watchtower.

• koolaid-man
    koolaid-man

Call in and let us know how Ray helped You.

• flipper
    flipper

KOOL-AID MAN- Good job. A very good program scheduled tonight. Ray was a big part of disclosure of information to many of us ex-witnesses who would not have had access to that information otherwise coming out from the hidden " tenacles " of Bethel. A very dear human being . I' ll try to call too tonight to give tribute. We are going over to my in-laws for dinner tonight , but would love to squeeze a thought in or two. Thanks for putting your dear guests on also and giving this tribute show. Very appropriate. Peace out to you, Mr. Flipper

• Juan Viejo2
    Juan Viejo2

I'll be there listening in from Salem Oregon...

• koolaid-man
    koolaid-man

Call in a little early the volume of callers will be heavy!

• WuzLovesDubs
  • Mad Sweeney
    Mad Sweeney

I listened to this and Barbara was GREAT. Wonderful information and anecdotes. I love that she read Ray's last email to her and I loved the way he closed it. I think I may end my letters the same way from now on:

I hope you are well and able to find joy in each day of life.

One thing I would like to add to/clarify that was stated, though. Barbara was told by someone she trusts that Spanish is the ONLY area in the US Branch that is experiencing growth. That may have been true five to ten years ago but it seems to me that American Sign Language has grown by leaps and bounds over the last decade, as well. IIRC, from 2008 to 2009 to 2010 ASL went from 4 to 6 to 8 District Conventions.

• slimboyfat
    slimboyfat

Is there a link to listen to it yet?

• Gayle
    Gayle

Barbara was great!! She is so forthright in honesty and informative. She's a smart industrious researcher, who developed into an excellent investigator! No wonder the Society used her skills. That headquarters utilized a woman, shows (1) how she's so good at it, and (2) they would normally utilize a man but apparantly none there were better! Much to the GB's chagrin!!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit