A question of life, death and legacy….

by onemore 1 Replies latest jw experiences

• onemore
    onemore

Death is all around us. Sometimes it strikes so near to us, and yet we don’t feel its sting so much. Sometimes it strikes far from us, let the distance be time, space or familiarity, and yet we feel like a part of us has been lost.

After hearing the news of Raymond Franz death, I couldn’t help but to shed some tears. And I don’t even know why I cried. I never met the man in person, I read his books, exchanged some emails with him, and hoped to visit him one day. But my respect and fondness for him transcended the formalities under which we grow to appreciate a person.

His words will go on in his books and correspondence; which regrettably, was the only contact many of us had with him.

“Life is uncertain and when a man dies what he knows dies along with him - unless he passes it on while still in life” Raymond Franz – Crisis of Conscience.

If you can still read or feel these words Ray…Thank you for passing on what you knew. Your words gave us reassurance, hope, comfort and brought some of us closer to God.

May your life and legacy motivate us to have the valor to stand up for truth, regardless of the cost.

-Onemore-

• BabaYaga
    BabaYaga

“Life is uncertain and when a man dies what he knows dies along with him - unless he passes it on while still in life” Raymond Franz – Crisis of Conscience.

If you can still read or feel these words Ray…Thank you for passing on what you knew. Your words gave us reassurance, hope, comfort and brought some of us closer to God.

Beautiful. Thank you for posting this perfect quote at this time.

Love,
    Baba.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit