New M.O. in feild service?

by little witch 6 Replies latest social entertainment

• little witch
    little witch

So, a week or so before "passover", two witnesses knocked and being that my dogs were going nuts I left the outer door closed. She handed me a tract (invitation) said she was "visiting the neighborhood". No mention that they were witnesses, in fact she displayed a king james bible with gold lettering on the cover in such a way that i would notice. I think the last thing she wanted was for me to know they were JW's.

Is this a new thing being instructed, or just their way of dealing with the stress?

LW

• Cagefighter
    Cagefighter

Goes a long with the thread that had the pic about the bible being used and people mislead. Never did find out what or where that pic was from.

• little witch
    little witch

Which thread would that be Cagefighter? I've snooped but cant find it!

• darth frosty
  • shopaholic
    shopaholic

No, its not new, they've been using that technique for YEARS. My former congregations would do that if they found that several in a territory didn't trust the New World Translation. That method was also pushed at pioneer meetings. Many even keep KJ version in their service bag. In one congregation, folks would to use other religion specific bibles (Koran, etc).

Then as soon as they become a regular RV or a study, you try to switch them over to the JW bible. Seen it done numerous times by using a key list of scriptures to show why the JW bible was better and easier to understand. Some fall for it and some don't.

Also, some congregations will have a weekend where they just get to know the folks in the territory and not place anything (copying a pioneer school lesson) and then there is the weekend where you only share a scripture and not place anything. These "special weekends" usually happen once or twice a year depending on the congregation and typically only in congregations where the Service Overseer is a regular pioneer.

• little witch
    little witch

Wowser!

Thanks guys. Yep, same bible same gold lettering.

Back in the day when I was in feild service we were instructed to carry a KJ as back up in case the householder insisted on using it in any scripture,

we were taught to use certain scriptures that would not contradict either trans.

The deception is shocking!

Next time, I will inquire and engage them in conversation!

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

It`s hard to get a JW to admit who they are,when they come to the door..

............................. ...OUTLAW

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit