In-laws are here for my wifes District Convention

by SAHARA 5 Replies latest jw friends

• SAHARA
    SAHARA

As I've stated in my previous posts, I am not a JW but my wife is and it's that time of year when the Conventions are going on. My wife's parents and sister/husband live in Az while we live in Ca. They haven't come to visit since I've had a little falling out with my inlaws last year about studying with my son by phone behind my back when normally we would visit each other at least 3 - 4 times/year each. I've also mentioned on my previous posts that my wife's meeting attendence has been very spiratic since last year as well. This weekend there are conventions going on and my wife's parents decided to come visit, no doubt to get my wife to go to the conventions even though they have their own conventions in their own area, not sure if they've already had them there or if it's later. However, my wife was diagnosed 2 days ago with walking namonia as she has had a bad cough for the last couple of weeks. She was diagnosed only after her parents made a commitment to visit. Technically, she should be staying home and taking it easy but no doubt her parents will probably still pressure her to attend those conventions even though my wife has just admitted to me that it's too much trouble and she's stressed out. This should be interesting...

• Balsam
    Balsam

Your wife can use you as a way of saying NO by telling her parents that the doctor told you to keep her home and it was essential for her to have rest and you are enforcing it. That is if she is wanting to stay home. I hope she stays home and her parents back off.

Ruth

• peaches
    peaches

shudder.....(((((((((((((((((((((( sahara ))))))))))))))))))))))))))

• IsaacJ22
    IsaacJ22

Sahara, I'm a former JW, but my wife is still in the Society. She rarely goes to meetings or attends field service any more, but still believes.

Her family also pressures her to go to meetings and assemblies. They already have a ride set up for her to go to the convention, they'll just call out of the blue and ask if she needs a ride to the Hall for the meeting, things like that. I've even heard her sweet old grandma go off on her on the phone (it wasn't on speaker or anything like that, I was just in the room) demanding to know, "Why not?!" when my wife told her she didn't feel like going to that night's meeting.

I would take Ruth's advice and tell them she can't go because she's too sick, doctor's orders. My wife uses me to help her when her family sometimes gets overly pushy as well.

• Glittercake
    Glittercake

Visiting someone when they're seriously ill???

• yknot
    yknot

.... She is contagious!......

Seriously for the love of all the Brothers and Sisters (and children) sitting in attendance, her parents need to let her sit this one out!

HOWEVER not all is LOST.....(silver lining)

You can happily accept some copies of the DC 'goodies' and PDF or upload them for all your new buddies here on the forum! (not to mention many across the globe who lurk or link)

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit