Fun and Games in Field Service

by Backspacer 6 Replies latest jw experiences

• Backspacer
    Backspacer

Come on guys... it wasn't all THAT bad was it? There were some fun times and some very funny things that happened in those car groups. Please share...

My favorite story comes from my daughter. She was 8 at the time and was put in a car group with 2 sisters who had a bunch of kids between them. On this day only a couple were with them and they started talking about the New System. How wonderful it would be and how they would have perfect children. How they were looking forward to the obedience of said children. My daughter (she's a gem!) pipes up and says "Yeah I'm looking forward to having perfect parents." They glared at her. And changed the subject. I heard about it later from one of them on how sassy my child was. Yes yes, I nodded, she can be that way. On the inside I was cracking up!

• WTWizard
    WTWizard

1. Going to a bookstore. We were supposed to be "informal" witlessing to customers. Instead, I browsed through books. Interestingly, I am the only one that had a return visit--to the bookstore to buy one of those books, three years later.

2. Being driven across town. We hit every single red light, and then had to hunt for the street. I saw the street, but kept my big mouth shut and let them drive right past it. Again, I saw the number and again kept my big mouth shut as they drove right past it. After wasting 3/4 of an hour, they finally found the house--and the person was not home. And that was my field circus for the whole month.

• jookbeard
    jookbeard

the best fun in FS was the car ride home

• Wasanelder Once
    Wasanelder Once

A brother was walking back to the car and stepped in some dog poop. He reached down for a handful of grass to wipe it off. Instead he got a handful of dog poop as well. He wiped his shoe in the grass and we made him sit with his hand out the window as we drove him to where he could wash it. Oh what fun.

• mentallyfree31
    mentallyfree31

An elderly sister in our hall lost her bowels in the back of a new minivan. It was awful. I felt bad for the owner of the van.

-mentallyfree31-

• LostnFound
    LostnFound

One time (and only once) my family went in service with the CO (who was a really nice and easy goingelderly man) and he picked the territory that was having a community wide garage sale. About 5 minutes in, we just all started shopping. He was looking for a deal, and found a bunch. It was nice to be able to enjoy a morning, instead of being all uptight.

• moshe
    moshe

Old former SS guard to another one -- "boy we had some good fun back then didn't we?"

Field service had two goals- to recruit new members for the WatchTower cult and to control existing members. Now, lets ask the GB what kind of fun they had making JW's dance to their tune- or else!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit