Anyone watch USA vs Czech Republic game last night?

by lepermessiah 2 Replies latest jw friends

• lepermessiah
    lepermessiah

I am so tired of USA soccer.

I keep waiting for this giant step forward, but the national team has been stuck in neutral for years now.

Ever since the excitement of 1994, I have been expecting a gradual improvement on the world stage.

Everytime they play a quality opponent, they get exposed as a 2nd rate team. It has been that way for years.The defense last night was horrific, and even though they scored twice against Petr Cech, both goals were from sloppy set-pieces.

The commentators last night even suggested before the match that the USA has a golden opportunity vs England in the first round of the World Cup.....yeah right. I remember the same chatter in 1998 against Germany, and Germany annihilated them (score was not indicative of the domination) You can throw the rankings out the window - the USA is still not a player on the big stage.

(Now watch them come out blazing in the WC2010 - LOL)

• jookbeard
    jookbeard

not a great result on the eve of the WC

• Broken Promises
    Broken Promises

Considering that soccer/football is practically a religion in Europe and South America, America has a long way to go before it has any hope of being on the same stage as the other teams.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit