In Sicily (Italy) a JW kills his mother and himself

by behemot 8 Replies latest jw friends

• behemot
    behemot

source: http://www.ilgiornalediragusa.it/brevi/19093--omicidio-suicidio-la-famiglia-attendebr-i-corpi-dei-congiunti-per-i-funerali.html

Translation:

Ragusa - Nunziata Pluchino, the woman killed in the night between Friday and Saturday, paid with her life the attempt to prevent the suicide of her son Daniele Arestia, 37. (*) This is what appears from the autopsy on the two corpses and from further investigation about the murder-suicide happened in Ragusa, in a sixth floor apartment of a building in Anfuso Street.

Apparently the woman, catching the son with a knife in his hand, tried to stop him, thus provoking his violent reaction. The young man at that point stabbed his mother on her abdomen; then, in amok, smashed her skull with a gym tool and soon after killed himself in a field near his home. (**) The relatives are waiting for the corpses to be returned to the family for the funeral. The community of the Jehovah’s Witnesses, to which the two deceased and their relatives belong, are still under shock.

(*) according to another report, the neighbours describe the man as "serious", "lonely, depressed and bashful". "We never saw him with friends, he loved staying home, loved music, computer and internet".

(**) according to another report, he killed himself by slitting his throat with the same knife.

• Room 215
    Room 215

Truly horrendous...... I'm at a loss ...mi manca il fiato

• behemot
    behemot

... according to this news article:

http://www.ilgiornalediragusa.it/cronaca/19044-ragusa-omiciodio-suicidio-la-polizia-ricompone-il-puzzle-della-tragedia.html

the man, after killing his mother in the apartment, got undressed and ran off in a nearby field where he killed himself by stabbing his abdomen and then slitting his throat with the knife. The cops found him lying dead, naked.

• awildflower
    awildflower

(*) according to another report, the neighbors describe the man as "serious", "lonely, depressed and bashful". "We never saw him with friends, he loved staying home, loved music, computer and internet".

I think we all know so many kids like this in the org right now. How scary! And many of us knows what it feels like to think suicide would be the answer. These kids don't stand a chance. The only two choices they know are: live the jw life perfectly, or live the jw life and secretly live something else. They don't even realize that leaving it all together is a choice to be considered to. This just burns me!

• quietlyleaving
  • Cagefighter
    Cagefighter

Wildflower you summed up might thoughts exactly. I see so many other males that silently suffer just because they were a wild "mustang" like me. They tried to stay in and make life in the organization work. They really are trying....

• Wasanelder Once
    Wasanelder Once

Why is it that when a witness kills themselves its always the WT's fault. Get a fricken grip. Some people are wired wrong and how many of them DON'T kill themselves because of the order and self esteem that fitting into the caste system of the congregation provides. We don't know. Give it a rest. It's a tragedy no matter what religion people are. The guy needed meds or was perhaps gay and in the closet. The same pressure would be on any fundy. Who the hell knows?

• ziddina
    ziddina

Reminds me of several incidents that I saw while in the JWs... Saw a middle-aged couple come to our hall; the 'wife' hanging onto her balding, overweight 'husband' as they entered and sat down in the front row. During the talk, the 'wife' would look scriptures up [when cited] and nudge the 'husband' to look at them. The 'wife' seemed happy as a clam to be at the meeting; the 'husband' appeared bored and a bit rebellious...

Imagine my surprise after the meeting when I was introduced to this 'couple' - and boy, did they ever act like a 'couple' - as MOTHER and SON...

There's a term for that. It's called "emotional incest"... Watched it happen in my own family, between my mother and my brother... Saw it happen in a JW family attending a District Convention in Billings, MT - I was working in a grocery store, in one of their mini- 'pizza' shops, so I had a front-row-seat to the dysfunctionality... Was hilariously blatant. The husband and wife - in their early 30's - argued with each other, then - frustrated, without resolving the argument - both simultaneously turned to the respective child of the opposite sex - she, to their son and he, to their daughter - for comfort...

This may only be anecdotal, but I've seen a LOT of unnatural attachments like this within the JW congregations I've attended and in the JWs I've observed...

Just as a side-point... The Mosaic law doesn't have much to say specifically about mother-son relationships, but the "Code of Hammurabi" reserved the harshest punishments for mother-son incest...

Zid

• Scott77
    Scott77

Wow, they look unbelieveably happy. The smile is obvious. These are real people not artist impressions like the one we see in Watchtower magazines and books. The man is wearing a tie and a jacket, typical watchtower way. Ok, not bad but the artist impressions of paradise is really deception. Iam sorry for their death. Its a tip of icerberg. This cult is very detructive. During my days as a JW, we were indocrinated to believe that JW as God's people are the happest people on earth. Now look! that is not really not true.

Scott77

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit