AAHH!!! The Witnesses Just Came to My Door!

by teenyuck 8 Replies latest jw friends

• teenyuck
    teenyuck

OH MY GOD!!! (Not that I believe in one!

I am sitting here in my den, Monday morning, at 10:30 am, EST, when I notice a van pull up into the court I live on. Out climb two neatly dressed women, one older, one young.

I notice them walking up my driveway, carrying what look to be books under their arms, with book bags hanging.

I dive under the desk, after turning off the TV. I just know they must be JW's.

Then I think, "What the Fuxk?! I am an adult, I have been out for 18 years. Why not answer the door"?

I gingerly climb out from under the desk as the door bell rings. I am still in my pajamas.

I answer the door and say "Yes?"

"Hello, I am Vivian, this is Kara. Have you wondered why the world is so bad and when all men on earth will be equal? Do you ever see a time when all men on earth will be equal"?

I said "NO."

Vivian- "Well, let me show you a scripture from Job." She read a scripture from Job, I have no idea which one. I was too nervous to pay attention. (I think I have ADD-seriously)

She then said she was a minister with the Jehovah's Witnesses.
    "Did I know them?"

"Yes", I said, "I did".

Well, let me show you the latest issues of The Watchtower and The Awake magazines. She pulled them out and The Awake is a picture of the WTC, with the words, "Courage in the face of Disaster", "The Day the Twin Towers Collapsed."

The Awake shows a picture of a child and the words "Will all men Ever be Equal?"

I almost fell over. I have not seen these mags in a long time.

She handed them to me. I took them, so I could have proof I did not dream this.

I said "I have an issue with the way Witnesses treat women. Women being in subjection is ridiculous. Will all people be equal in paradise, after armageddon? Why cannot women lead a meeting or a public talk?"

I think she realized I had some knowledge of the JW's so she and Kara start to tell me that Jehovah sees all women as equal to men. She further tells me that she can lead a book study or meeting if no man is present, as long as she puts on a head covering.

Kara chimed in that women are a compliment to men and that since there needs to be a leader in the home, it should be a man, if one is present.

I was biting my lip. I wanted to scream and yell at them that those ideas and principals are one of the reasons my parents divorced. I wanted to yell at Kara and ask why she was not at work or in college.

I wanted to yell a lot of things at them. Then I realized they would probably try to figure out who I was and where I was from. Then DF me.

I took the cowardly way out and said nothing. I just nodded slightly.

When Vivian asked me if I wanted her to drop off the next issues of the mags, I said no thanks. Same to a call back.

The weirdest thing is that the woman who called on my mother the first time, was named Vivian. She got my mother thinking about all those witness things my mother heard from her grand-father (the annointed one) over the years.

I just opened The Awake mag. The main article is on the WTC disaster. The next one is on Champagne. Where it comes from, how it is made, etc. Then an article on New Years Eve. It is a pagen ritual, so don't do it. Have the Champagne, just don't celebrate.

I had to share. I have not had a witness call in about 6 years. My husband answered last time and just said "NO!"

My heart raced for the 20 minutes it took to type this. Every time I hear a door outside, I look.

I am traumatized! Will they call back anyway, because I took the mags? Opinions would be appreciated.

• RunningMan
    RunningMan

Normally, taking the magazines virtually guarantees a return visit. However, these two obviously sensed that you are not a normal householder.

My guess is that either they will not call back, or the next call will be by two brothers.

• Abaddon
    Abaddon

tina; chill, it's okay. Take a deep breath, and say to yourself "They are out of my life". They're not going to DF you (I assume you have family in and have avoided this to avoid problems, which is like me if I am correct in my assumption) nor can they for disagreeing with you on the doors. It's okay. It's just two sisters burning time on the doors, nothing sinister, just something rather sad.

If they do come back, so what? They are poor misguided monomaniacs. Just don't talk to them again. They'll forget about it, or, if they do send the Bros (I doubt that, even they could see sending Bros would just confirm your reservations about the status of women), just be 'out', or say 'no'. They have no answer to that normally.

I am DYING for a JW to call on me. In eight years, only twice do I get called on; once I was in a dressing gown and had my girlfriend in bed upstairs, and that was er, more pressing. The other time was when I was out and my never a JW girlfriend didn't talk to them.

I wanna get medieval on their belief structure, play mindwars, have some fun... maybe find the chink of doubt that every Witness has and work a ticky-ticky little mindbomb through it.

I never convereted anyone as a Witness, and I really want to deconvert at least one to make up for all the times I tried to make people believe that stuff...

People living in glass paradigms shouldn't throw stones...

• teenyuck
    teenyuck

Thanks guys!

Since joinging the board I have avidly read all the posts I could. I learned alot and have tried to point out some of the more senseless JW teachings to my mother. I was hoping for the day a JW came to my door so I could take all I had read and learned and throw it in their face.

Then, when the opportunity came, I froze! I completely forgot all the things I wanted to say. My emotions rose up and I was shaking. I cannot believe I dove under the desk!

An hour later, I feel much better. I decided to print out the things that will help me next time and keep them handy...in case those bros come back!

• Scully
    Scully

I'm waiting for the next time they call on me.

I plan on telling them (once I have a set of mags in my hands :

1- That I have a serious problem with the way JWs treat women;

2- That I specifically have a problem with the XXXXX congregation's treatment of women who have an ILLNESS called depression;

3- That, furthermore, I have a problem with having my privacy invaded by persons who are members of XXXXX congregation, both evidenced by this very visit, and from previous experience with so-and-so who was instructed by the Elders of the XXXXX congregation to 'search my home for demonized objects' without my knowledge or consent;

4- That if I ever see them or any other JWs of the XXXXX congregation darkening my doorstep and entering my private property, the police will be notified and the persons will be charged with trespassing and harassment.

and if they use the "would you say that if Jesus was on your doorstep?" crap..... I'm going to tell them that they clearly are NOT JESUS, nor do they in any way, shape or form represent him. Then I'm going to tell them to read John 8:44 [You are from your father, the Devil....]

Like I said, I can't wait!!

Love, Scully

It is not persecution for an informed person
    to expose a certain religion as being false.
    - WT 11/15/63

A religion that teaches lies cannot be true. -WT 12/1/91

• BritBoy
    BritBoy

Oh shit... New Years... Pagen?...Don't do it?... OH NO!!! I did! I did do it AGAIN this year! I had no idea it was a pagen holiday! From now on I shall not "Do" New Years Eve ever again! Thank God for the Awake! Well at least I still have my birthday and Xmas to look forward to!! Unless...No... don't say it........aaaarrrghhh

Okay Puffsrule, uses for the mags have been discussed before, but a favourite of mine is to splatter them with Pigs Blood and leave them nailed to your door... no return visits, of that I can assure you. Try keeping the blood as fresh as possible! And in the unlikly event they should knock anyway, splatter some blood on your chest, open the door holding the pigs head while yelling "Billy, you leave mamma's voodoo pot alone now ya hear?". Then, relax and watch the dubs run. Your house will be forever damned!

Always willing to help!

Brit xxx

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

Ha-Ha!,You took the magazines they`ll be back!I`d put money on it.So what did you learn about taking magazines from the dubs?..LOL...OUTLAW

• teenyuck
    teenyuck

Well, now I know--LOL. If they show up again I will probably go under the desk again, assuming I am home! I e-mailed a neighbor who works out of the house and she said no knocks on her door this morning. My mother may have sic'd them on me!

I thought of one more thing I asked them. I was pretty excited as I typed the initial post and could not remember what the other issue was. I remembered as I took my "Pill."

I asked about birth control. "What is the Witnesses postion on birth control?"

Vivian (the older one) stated that birth control is fine as long as it is not abortive. Or abortion.

I was surprised. I took for granted that "go forth and multiply" was the current thinking. However, there were very few JW's with lots of kids. All the families I knew with more than 2 or 3 kids, were catholic!

I have my list now, however, so if they do come back I can take a deep breath and start my debate!

• bluesapphire
    bluesapphire

Maybe if they do come back you can ask them to be specific about what they did to help on Sept 11th. And have some concrete examples of what other religions did to compare it with.

Think up something good and have fun at their expense!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit