Adam, Eve and their children

by alfmel 4 Replies latest watchtower bible

• alfmel
    alfmel

So JWs teach that if Adam and Eve hadn't disobeyed we would live in the Garden of Eden. Based on the telling of the story, Adam and Eve were so quick to disobey they didn't have time to have any children in the garden. So what would have happened if Adam and Eve had not partaken, but some of their children had? Would all of them be cast out? Would some have stayed behind? Or, from a different point of view, let's say they did have children that did not partake. Were Adam and Eve the only ones to partake and to be cast out?

• mindmelda
    mindmelda

Um...That'd be a valid question if you believe they were real people, but I don't. Some Jewish scholars (who should know, it's their book!) believe that the story of Adam and Eve is an allegory for the first people to have a spiritual awareness of the One God, not the first two people ever created or the first two humans.

• Inkie
    Inkie

MindMelda: Are you kidding?!!! It has been my experience in speaking with many Jews throughout my life that most (including Scholars) don't know what's in their own book, as you call it. Yes, "they should know"--however, the many Jews with whom I have spoken with don't know diddly. No offense is intended when I state this (so please don't take any). I'm just stating "my" facts.

• journey-on
    journey-on

alfmel...I'll tell you like the elders told me when I asked an unconventional question: If you have to ask such things, you are spiritually weak. Now go pray or read a Watchtower!

• VoidEater
    VoidEater

I'm more concerned about the incest that obviously took place.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit