anything happened since the UN thing?

by callitquits76 9 Replies latest watchtower scandals

• callitquits76
  • callitquits76
    callitquits76

I was wondering if anything 'big' has happened since then. That was at the time I left and I haven't really been looking too much into it since then... any other big news since then?

• bob1999
    bob1999

The Heavenly call was opened up again. (originally closed in 1935)

Oh, the "generation" is now two overlapping generations.

Other than that, not much.

Peace

• callitquits76
    callitquits76

new light on 1935? Thats ridiculous. Thanks.

• JWoods
    JWoods

Anybody mention that now practically all blood fractions are allowed, provided you have a good JW lawyer to read the fine print?

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

The WBT$ definition of a Generation,is now 200 Plus years..

Screw the Dictionary..

........................ ...OUTLAW

• callitquits76
    callitquits76

I know thats part tongue in cheek JWoods, but care to expand?

• undercover
    undercover

Don't forget the WTS settling out of court on child abuse cases...

They've managed to do pretty good damage control on that one, but personally I think it's as damning, if not more so, than the UN/NGO thing...

For one, elders couldn't claim clergy privilege when it came to testifying and two, it opens the way for more lawsuits, which means more settlements or better yet, the potential of liability.

If they have to start paying out millions and millions, it could have some major ripple effect as dubs the world over realize that their money is going into lawsuits and settlements.

Political crap doesn't mean a lot to most JWs, but children hit close to home...

• JWoods
    JWoods
    I know thats part tongue in cheek JWoods, but care to expand?

Probably someone who has been around them more recently than I have could answer it better, but they have pretty much made a complicated spread-sheet were certain blood fractions are allowable. It is apparantly to the point where just about everything except for whole blood transfusions is allowed - but reportedly many JWs are not aware of the extent of the new rules.

• undercover
    undercover

Here's the "worksheet" from the KM insert on how to view blood fractions...

Notice the blue column on the left is the "unacceptable" parts of blood and the "fractions" column on the right is personal decision.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit