Humerous new book re JW's about to be published.

by TheEndIsNigh 7 Replies latest jw friends

• TheEndIsNigh
    TheEndIsNigh

Hi everyone,
    I'd really appreciate a few minutes of your time to have a look at my forthcoming book called : The End Is Nigh...Again (But this time we really mean it.)
    Unlike many books about this subject it isn't dry or serious. I've kept it light and aim to laugh at the craziness of that unlikely faith. To read a sample, please go to:

http://the-end-is-nigh-again.blogspot.com/

y para la gente hispanohablante

http://el-fin-se-acerca-otra-vez.blogspot.com/

Thanks a lot. See you at the blog. Please feel free to leave a comment.

Douglas Lee

• Scott77
    Scott77

Marked for later review. Just perused through. The language is in layman, simple and down to earth.

• Mythbuster
    Mythbuster

I stopped reading after the third mention of your male anatomy, sorry.

• StAnn
    StAnn

Mmm, I assume you put this up because you want some constructive criticism? I didn't read that far into it because it was difficult to read. Didn't flow. REALLY long sentences. I had to stop and reread several sentences to understand them fully. Have you had an editor look at this yet? Maybe he/she can help with that.

Loved the comment about Angus wearing his hood up come rain or shine.

StAnn

• Quillsky
    Quillsky
    I stopped reading after the third mention of your male anatomy, sorry.

I completely agree with this. That jolted me upright a few times. One mention of genitals in an unrelated context is one mention too many. Three mentions (I think I counted four actually) is simply weird.

The sentences are certainly too long. But otherwise Douglas, I wish you the best with your intentions. Hope you heal, brother, and hope you get edited and published.

• GLTirebiter
    GLTirebiter

I think you missed an edit in the second paragraph. The two contrasting clauses have the same meaning. I think you meant to say this:

Firstly, the witnesses know perfectly well that the public don’t like them, but that’s okay; theywe like usthem even less.
  • Duncan
    Duncan

Douglas,

I liked it a lot. I loved the energy, the character of the writing, I felt I was listening directly to the author's voice, and I got the feeling that this is a chap I would enjoy meeting. Several of the lines made me laugh. I think it's great.

BUT! It certainly does need an edit, though. As some others have said, some overly long sentences there -and a bit of muddle every now and again, and one or two misspellings/wrong word choices.

But well done! I have seen this kind of thing done once or twice before, but not as good as this.

Best wishes with the project.

Duncan.

• nextdoorgirl
    nextdoorgirl

And so, armed with that scripture and a head stuffed with some of the most ridiculous ideas imaginable, Pastor Russell instigated a worldwide preaching work, declaring it to be the only road to salvation.

I liked this part.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit