apostacy....is it the unforgivable sin???

by peaches 9 Replies latest jw friends

• peaches
    peaches

do active witnesses consider apostacy the unforgivable sin???? if not,,,,then what is the puniishment for being on this sight???? just curious...thanks much....peaches

• asilentone
    asilentone

they said it because they do not want you to be apostate to the Watchtower.

• blondie
    blondie

Officially, the WTS says no.

*** g03 2/8 p. 13 Is There an Unforgivable Sin? ***Some people who were once faithful Christians have purposely drawn away from God, perhaps because of bitterness, pride, or greed, and are now apostate fighters against God’s spirit. They willfully oppose what the spirit is clearly accomplishing. Have these individuals committed the unforgivable sin? Jehovah is the final Judge.—Romans 14:12.

But then YES?

*** w83 4/1 p. 19 An Apostle’s Stand Against Apostasy ***Nevertheless, John warns: "There is a sin that does incur death." Unrepentant apostates would certainly be in the category of those who merit destruction.—1 John 5:16, 17; Matthew 12:31; Luke 12:10; Hebrews 6:4-6; 10:23-27.

*** w82 4/1 p. 27 par. 6 Survival or Destruction at the "Great Tribulation" ***Similarly, unrepentant apostates go, at death, not to Sheol, or Hades, but to Gehenna. (Hebrews 6:4-8; 2 Peter 2:1) The same is true of dedicated Christians who persist in willful sin or those who "shrink back." (Hebrews 10:26-31, 38, 39) These are merely examples to show that some, even in "this system of things," have committed the sin for which there is no forgiveness, not even in the system of things "to come." (Matthew 12:31, 32; compare 1 John 5:16.) They will, therefore, not be resurrected.

*** w76 9/15 p. 572 Hebrews: A Superior Worship and Its Requirements ***The apostle next warns of the consequences of apostasy, showing that it is even more serious to fall away from Christian worship than from the Law arrangement, because it involves disregarding the perfect sacrifice of Christ, which is truly able to take away sin. Yes, may we never forget that vengeance belongs to Jehovah, and that "it is a fearful thing to fall into the hands of the living God."—Heb. 10:26-31.

• wobble
    wobble

An apostate is one who renounces a religious faith, it is only of concern if you have known and renounced the faith in Christ that the N.T talks about, in the first place you would need to be in possesion of such faith, to be able to renounce it.

NO JEHOVAH'S WITNESS HAS THE FAITH IN CHRIST THAT THE New Testament talks of.

So, any who have renounced their faith in, and connection to the JW/WT system of belief, are free to take up a faith in Christ.

If they eventually renounce that, then they will be rejected by Him, up until that point they have nothing to fear.

• mkr32208
    mkr32208

I was told when I asked what the unforgivable sin was (so that I could do it so they would leave me alone) that only the anointed could commit it.

• aSphereisnotaCircle
    aSphereisnotaCircle

The GB have never stated exactly what the "unforgivable sin" is.

They hint at it and beat around the bush, but you will never pin them down.

I remember back in the 80's their was a one page article intitled "what is the unforgivable sin?".

Another sister and I couldn't figure out what the answer was, so we went to an elder and asked him, showing him the artcle.

he said"the answer is in that article, you need to read it".

The other sister and I explained to him that we had both read the articel several times but could not understand what it was and could he please point it out to us.

He just blew us off saying "well the answer is in there" and walked away.

Thats when i knew for a fact that (a) HE had NOT read that article, and (b) he didn't know the answer either.

• Scott77
    Scott77

By the way, the true apostates are the Watchtower guys and their JWs. Look at their false prophesies of 1914 and 1975. You can metion more others.

• andy5421
    andy5421

The Only unforgiveable sin according to the bible is blasphemy against the Holy Spirit:

this happened when Jesus cures a demon-possesed man. The Pharasees attribute this to Beelzebub, Satan the Devil.

Matthew 12:22:

22 Then they brought him a demon-possessed man, blind and dumb; and he cured him, so that the dumb man spoke and saw. 23 Well, all the crowds were simply carried away and began to say: “May this not perhaps be the Son of David?” 24 At hearing this, the Pharisees said: “This fellow does not expel the demons except by means of Be?el′ze?bub, the ruler of the demons.” 25 Knowing their thoughts, he said to them: “Every kingdom divided against itself comes to desolation, and every city or house divided against itself will not stand. 26 In the same way, if Satan expels Satan, he has become divided against himself; how, then, will his kingdom stand? 27 Moreover, if I expel the demons by means of Be?el′ze?bub, by means of whom do YOUR sons expel them? This is why they will be judges of YOU. 28 But if it is by means of God’s spirit that I expel the demons, the kingdom of God has really overtaken YOU. 29 Or how can anyone invade the house of a strong man and seize his movable goods, unless first he binds the strong man? And then he will plunder his house. 30 He that is not on my side is against me, and he that does not gather with me scatters.

31 “On this account I say to YOU, Every sort of sin and blasphemy will be forgiven men, but the blasphemy against the spirit will not be forgiven. 32 For example, whoever speaks a word against the Son of man, it will be forgiven him; but whoever speaks against the holy spirit, it will not be forgiven him, no, not in this system of things nor in that to come.

• WTWizard
    WTWizard

Just being apostate is not "the unforgivable sin". It is possible for apostates to sincerely repent and go back to being active believing witlesses, provided they are willing to totally put their brains on hold or they are too lazy to do their own thinking. The unforgivable sin is to realize that the whole thing is a scam, and then decide to do your own thinking without any excuses. Once you do that, you are beyond their reach and have virtually no chance of ever going back to being a believing witless.

In fact, after one has been out 5 years, you have about 1/20 of the chance of ever going back to being a believing witless than a dieter that loses significant weight has of keeping that weight off more than 5 years.

• peaches
    peaches

thank you all....it is appreciated much....peaches...

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit