Have you ever resolve any nasty conflicts in the congregation?

by asilentone 7 Replies latest jw experiences

• asilentone
  • snowbird
    snowbird

No; I heard some pretty nasty stuff said about some, but I am not a tattler.

Sylvia

• James_Slash
    James_Slash

Not really.

Lets say that they slandered me and told lies to stop my son seeing his daughter and me seeing my granddaughter and I firstly wrote to them to resolve the issue. They said that I was harrassing them - even though I applied Matt 5.

I went to the Elders in protest. The Elders couldn't be bothered to deal with it so I wrote to Bethel.

During the meantime, the 'person' in question retracted their statement with the 'worldly authorities' yet the family continue to slander us to this day around the congregations.

The Bethel wrote back saying there was nothing they could do about it and it would be better for us to seek comfort in Jehovah and put all of our efforts into the preaching work. Only then would we feel better.

Obviously, the above is what my Mother would say about what happened to us as a family three years ago. She is still a JW - god knows why. This was the main crux of why I left. Could I really sit at a convention knowing how I'd been treated by these parasites?

F*ck them, f*ck all of them. I'm free...:-)

• man in black
    man in black

OH YEA !

There were two elders, Mike Penkava and Stuart Klevin in my hall who were bad - mouthing each other behind their backs.

It was causing much grief and stress between different families, and somehow my wife got crushed by the flying crap.

My wife and I called them both over to our house one evening, sat down with them, and hashed out the entire situation.

They both agreed in a childlike manner to ending the spat.

Now I look back and think how strange this was,,, we sat down and counsiled two grown men / elders regarding their behavior.

What a weird religion !!!

• Bangalore
    Bangalore

"The happiest people on earth".

Bangalore

• Black Sheep
    Black Sheep

My family dealt with it by leaving the country.

Dad pretends it wasn't like that, but I was there. The Congregation heirachy felt he was a danger to their positions because Dad had been where the need was totally unneccesary and had sucked in a few new victims.

Because of his SuperDub attitude he had to go.

We moved to Oz, but then his SuperDub kid disappeared without getting his arse wet in the pool.

I don't know how long it took him to make Elder, but I don't think he managed in Oz, because his kid had a dry arse.

Back in NZ, years and miles, away from the pricks who denied him his priviledges in Gisborne, I think he managed to work his way up into the hierachy of his local congregation, but I am only guessing that from conversations with him.

Cheers

Chris

• PeterDavid
    PeterDavid

Man In Black,

Interesting bit about Mike and Stu...Never particularly liked Stu Kelvin at all, but I've known Mike and his family since I was a kid.

• d
    d

I once saw an elder I knew break up a fight in 1997.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit