Who survives the big-A?

by Yan Bibiyan 9 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Yan Bibiyan
    Yan Bibiyan

I've seen experiences shared that JWs have a hard time admitting that they are the only ones to survive the big-A and everyone else, including innocent infants are to be slaughtered.

That should be an easy one-two punch rebuttal, I think.

Q1: Is there anyone practicing false religion and worshiping a false God going to survive Armageddon?

Q2: Does anyone else, except the JWs have the true religion?

JW answers: No,No.

End of story. Why is it difficult?

-Yan

• blondie
    blondie

Why not hang them with their own words? Here's a sample.

http://www.jwfacts.com/watchtower/salvation-only-for-jehovahs-witnesses.php

"Only Jehovah's Witnesses, those of the anointed remnant and the "great crowd," as a united organization under the protection of the Supreme Organizer, have any Scriptural hope of surviving the impending end of this doomed system dominated by Satan the Devil." Watchtower 1989 Sep. 1 p.19

"Similarly, Jehovah is using only one organization today to accomplish his will. To receive everlasting life in the earthly Paradise we must identify that organization and serve God as part of it." Watchtower 1983 Feb. 15 p.12

"Is it presumptuous of Jehovah's Witnesses to point out that they alone have God's backing? Actually, no more so than when the Israelites in Egypt claimed to have God's backing in spite of the Egyptians' belief, or when the first-century Christians claimed to have God's backing to the exclusion of Jewish religionists." Watchtower 2001 June 1 p.16

"During the final period of the ?ancient world? that perished in the Flood, Noah was a faithful ?preacher of righteousness.? (2 Peter 2:5) In these last days of the present system of things, Jehovah?s people are making known God?s righteous standards and are declaring good news about the possibility of surviving into the new world. (2 Peter 3:9-13) Just as Noah and his God-fearing family were preserved in the ark, survival of individuals today depends on their faith and their loyal association with the earthly part of Jehovah?s universal organization." Watchtower2006 May 15 p.22 "Are You Prepared for Survival?" Paragraph 8
  • alfmel
    alfmel

Somehow this seems a flat view of time. If only JWs will be saved, does that mean a JW? What about Isaiah, or Peter Paul? It seems it would be hard to be part of an organization that didn't exist until late 19th century when you lived in 800 B.C. Also, Revelation says the 144,000 will come from the 12 tribes of Israel, 12,000 from each tribe. So 12,000 Jews (or their decendents) will be taken up to heaven. So it seems those who are saved will be more than just JWs. But what do I know! I've never been annointed by the Watchtower Society, so I'm just an ignorant apostate deceived by the cunning of the devil.

• Quillsky
    Quillsky

This is all assuming that a Big A with elite survivors is going to happen. Doesn't make any sense to me.

• marriedtojw
    marriedtojw

"...or when the first-century Christians claimed to have God's backing to the exclusion of Jewish religionists."

This is interesting since according to my wife.. JW's are the first century christians....weird

[/sarcasm]

• blondie
    blondie

marriedtojw, yet nowhere even in the New Testament of the NWT does it ever say "Jehovah's Witnesses"; only witnesses of Jesus (In Revelation) or in Acts 1:8, Jesus says, "witnesses of me." Only in one place in Revelation, where it refers to Jesus as the "Faithful Witness", the WTS twists that to mean "jehovah's witnesses."

(Revelation 1:9) 9 I John, YOUR brother and a sharer with YOU in the tribulation and kingdom and endurance in company with Jesus, came to be in the isle that is called Pat´mos for speaking about God and bearing witness to Jesus.. . .

(Revelation 12:17) . . .And the dragon grew wrathful at the woman, and went off to wage war with the remaining ones of her seed, who observe the commandments of God and have the work of bearing witness to Jesus.

(Revelation 17:6) 6 And I saw that the woman was drunk with the blood of the holy ones and with the blood of the witnesses of Jesus.. . .

(Revelation 19:10) 10 At that I fell down before his feet to worship him. But he tells me: "Be careful! Do not do that! All I am is a fellow slave of you and of your brothers who have the work of witnessing to Jesus. Worship God; for the bearing witness to Jesus is what inspires prophesying."

• Black Sheep
    Black Sheep

They don't always say what you expect Yan. They will often just babbel on about a related subject without answering the question.

In this case, the answer to the question at the door is different to the answer they give their kid who doesn't want to get baptised. This saves them the embarrssment of seeming like a cult member in public, while allowing them to behave like a cult member in the privacy of their homes and kingdumb Halls.

The answer at the door is, "Jehovah reads their hearts.", hoping that the householder doesn't know that they also teach that Jehovah sees all hearts except JWs as BAAAAD, so try to embarrass the Dubbie by getting them to admit it and then accusing them of misleading you with their original answer and asking them why they did it and how they feel about doing that.

Cheers

Chris

• ProdigalSon
    ProdigalSon

Doomsday predicitons generate fear and suppress human spirit and creative potential. The ruling elite know this and have been using fear to dominate mankind for thousands of years. They funded and created Armageddon cults like the Watchtower, which are going down the drain where they belong. Why? Because the Lord gave humans free will, the will to wipe out the Armageddon potential that every prophet both inside and outside the Bible had seen. The end of the Kali Yuga was foretold by many ancient civilizations including the Maya. The majority of these visions pointed to 1988. The 1987 Harmonic Convergence was carried out by 144,000 Lightworkers who meditated on the earth's chakras on behalf of humanity. This was the "song that no one could Master but the 144,000..." Three years later the Soviet Union collapsed and Doomsday was nullified. One of the few things the Watchtower had right was the "king of the North" being the Soviet Union. The "Evil Empire" was supposed to be destroyed by Jesus according to Daniel! Instead, it was destroyed because human consciousness decided to get rid of it!

Here's a couple of tips that seem to have escaped the editors of the Nicea Council:

"He that exercises faith in me, that one will also do the works that I do; and he will do works greater than these".

"If you have faith the size of a mustard grain, you will say to this mountain, 'transfer from here to there', and it will transfer, and nothing will be impossible for you."

Prodigal Son

• frigginconfused
    frigginconfused

Its easy.

If you always are looking for the truth. Do the best you can for humanity. And if you know better youre responsable for your actions. Heart condition and acts done are all thats judged.

• Quillsky
    Quillsky

Do the best you can for humanity.

Um, no, that's not what the JW's teach. They teach that their God is about to wipe out most of humanity.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit