Baptizing in the name of the holy spirit?

by make yourself 4 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• make yourself
    make yourself

This came across as really interesting to me seeing as how they change up the baptismal questions so many times.But thats a lie as a matter of fact the updated questions look like this:

1.On the basis of the sacrifice of Jesus Christ, do you repent of your sins and dedicate yourself to Jehovah to do his will?

2.Do you understand that your dedication and baptism identify you as one of Jehovah Witnesses in line with God's spirit-directed Organization?

..................Gasps

• St George of England
    St George of England

This is the latest revision of the questions. See WT June 1, 1985. Prior to that all JW's baptised in the name of the HS. I raised it with an elder some time ago but he shrugged his shoulders, didn't care.

George

• make yourself
    make yourself

yeah it amazes me how they put that in the watchtower but its a totally different story its like the writing department and the governing body on are two different planets

• NiceDream
    NiceDream

This really bothers me, I feel like we should be baptized how the Bible says...not into an organization.

• Mad Sweeney
    Mad Sweeney

I don't believe the JWs have EVER baptized "in the name of the Father, in the name of the Son, and in the name of the Holy Spirit" as Jesus Christ directly commanded. Here were my baptism questions:

(1) Have you repented of your sins and turned around, recognizing yourself before Jehovah God as a condemned sinner who needs salvation, and have you acknowledged to him that this salvation proceeds from him, the Father, through his Son Jesus Christ?

(2) On the basis of this faith in God and in his provision for salvation, have you dedicated yourself unreservedly to God to do his will henceforth as he reveals it to you through Jesus Christ and through the Bible under the enlightening power of the holy spirit?

(Used from May 1, 1973 to June 1, 1985; in 1985 even the slight mention of the lowercase holy spirit was gone from the questions.)

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit