Toronto Jan. 18-20-I want to meet you

by Pierced Angel 6 Replies latest jw friends

• Pierced Angel
    Pierced Angel

I've missed countless "apostofests" and am finally getting a weekend away to Toronto. Will anyone be around to meet for lunch/dinner? I'll be with a friend and we'll be bringing our kiddos. We're arriving on Friday afternoon and leaving Sunday afternoon. If you might be around and want to meet up, email me at [email protected] and let me know if you're interested.

Restaurant recommendations are very welcome even if you can't make it. ;-)

Thanks,

Anne

• Commie Chris
    Commie Chris

I'll be around, at least on Saturday. How old are your kids. I have 2 little ones - 3 and 15 months.

• Pierced Angel
    Pierced Angel

Hi Chris,

I have a daughter, 11 and a son 5 and we need a break from the gray days and small town atmosphere. Will you have both kids with you? Maybe we could meet somewhere casual where the kids will be easier to watch?
    I'll send you an email in a day or two and let you know where we're staying so we can make tentative plans.
    Stay warm!

Anne

• Pierced Angel
    Pierced Angel

I've heard about the Science Centre, is there anywhere else that would be good to take kids in Toronto?

Anyone?

• Scully
    Scully

Depending on the weather, you could take in the Toronto Zoo. It's open 364 days a year (except Christmas Day).

http://www.torontozoo.com/

The CN Tower is kind of a cool thing for kids too. It's actually right next to the Skydome, and the Hockey Hall of Fame is nearby as well. The Science Center will definitely take up the better part of a day actually.

Those are all the places we go to when visiting Toronto.

Love, Scully

It is not persecution for an informed person
    to expose a certain religion as being false.
    - WT 11/15/63

A religion that teaches lies cannot be true. -WT 12/1/91

• Pierced Angel
    Pierced Angel

Thanks Scully!

I never realized the zoo was open in the winter. That would be fun.

I heard something about a clown workshop at the Science Centre so I was going to find out more about it, but we don't have much time in Toronto so maybe we'll just hit Chinatown or something (they've never been there).

Thank you,
    Anne

• Pierced Angel
    Pierced Angel

bttt

Just pushing this back up in case there is anyone else in Toronto that wants to meet this weekend.

Anne

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit