For all bird watchers: Does this remind you of your own fledglings?

by restrangled 4 Replies latest jw friends

• restrangled
    restrangled

I have 4 baby Cardinals, now just as big as their parents. They are capable of getting their own food, drinking from the bird bath etc. They are always the first in the morning to the bird feeder, a little shakey but able to take care of themselves. The 2 parents show up about 1/2 hour later...(they must be exhausted)!

The minute the parents show up, the babies drop to the ground and start chirping and fluttering with their mouths open demanding to be fed. The parents immediately start feeding these little fakers. I wonder how long this is going to go on!

r.

• Finally-Free
    Finally-Free

I don't know about other birds, but I read that cockatoos are sometimes fed by their parents for a long time, even up to 2 years depending on the individual.

Hell, I'm 52 and sometimes wish someone would cater to my every whim. Not having much luck though.

W

• restrangled
    restrangled

I hear you FF!

• White Dove
    White Dove

Sounds like my "little" puppy (Norwegian Ridgeback/pit bull). Her breed is infamous for eating then pretending they are hungry still. They will eat until they throw up and keep eating.

• restrangled
    restrangled

Yikes whitedove....the little piggy's!

I just found out cardinals live in the wild for about 14 years.

My own full grown Doberman will hold out for 2 full days if he doesn't like the food,(ie: if I don't shread some cheese over the same)... but everytime the fridge door opens he's there waiting for a mozzerlla cheese stick.

My own 23 year old kid holds out too,....doesn't like dinner?...he won't eat, I worry, fuss, bother and then he runs out and buys some lowfat frozen dinner. He considers my cooking too high fat. I won't budge. Good food is good food!

He won't eat cheese, avacados, sourcream, bread, eggs, beef, pork, etc. but he will drink one half gallon of lowfat milk in a day or two.

I don't get it!!!!! I can't cook chicken every dang night!

r.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit