Its driving me mad

by leo999 9 Replies latest jw friends

• leo999
    leo999

Ok , Im 9 months into a serious fade , inactive in FM and very spasmodic at meetings . Mum and bro the elder came by to deliver the mags to me now , and yesterday showed the very interesting article on the tetragramaton . I refused to take them and told him to put them on the table . But it was weird , like he was witnessing to me .

So my big want to know is ,,,, im 7/8 out , how to get the last 1/8 th out without upsetting family members or being DF or DA'd . They cling on like glue, and it is this last bit that is driving me mad .Part of me wants to come right out and say , the other family part holds back to avoid hurt and upset . If I do go to a meeting , I feel panicky and sweaty and just want to run and escape . But any ideas to get them tactfully to give up without hurting feelings ???

Leo999

• Sam Whiskey
    Sam Whiskey

Unfortunately Leo, there is no easy answer.

• Lozhasleft
    Lozhasleft

Plead that you're too stressed to cope with meetings right now....? It doesnt say much but there's not much they can do about it either....time passes and you just repeat the phrase...

Loz x

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

JW family never gives up Leo..

Ever!!..

You will be hounded until you,or they are dead..

........................ ...OUTLAW

• thetrueone
    thetrueone

Tell them that you want to respectively bow out on believability issues.

Say little if anything else and leave at that.

Be strong and show strength on your decision, you do not have to give reasons why

although they will try to pry something out of you.

Again !

DO NOT SAY OPPOSING THINGS DIRECTLY ABOUT THE ORGANIZATION !

A big mistake that some people make........all the best

• jamiebowers
    jamiebowers

If I had it to do over again, (I'm df'd), I would just simply say, "I don't want to talk about it." Rinse and repeat.

Good luck to you. Oh, and appear as happy as possible. You never know, you just may "win them without a word" if they become curious as to how you could be so happy outside of the "truth".

• maninthemiddle
    maninthemiddle

Sounds like you are in a congreation with family members in it. There is not much to do execpt move to another congreation. Hopefully that is an option for you.

• transhuman68
    transhuman68

Just keep making up new excuses for not being at the meetings: your car wouldn't start, your cat ate your KM, you slept in...stuff like that.You need to get away from the brainwashing sessions, and make new friends before you force the issue with your family & the elders.

• moshe
    moshe

We are adults now and you owe any JW an explanation. That last 1/8 of the fade might take 5 years, depending how tenacious your family is. Meanwhile, you can't openly help anybody avoid the trap of the WT religion, either, as long as you are still an official JW.

• EmptyInside
    EmptyInside

I know how you feel, because I'm in the same situation. But, just as another poster pointed out, the less you say the better. And being adults, it's getting quite tiresome to feel we still have to answer to anyone. We can't have it both ways. We either make a clean break and just stop going altogether. Or continue to evade questions and do our obligatory meeting attendance when we can stomach it, and dream of the day we will be free of it all. Or you could go with the usual of being depressed or just trying to figure things out now, and need some time to myself.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit