Mothers Day 1914

by joelingeorgia 9 Replies latest jw friends

• joelingeorgia
    joelingeorgia

Mother's Day was established in 1914. Another clear sign that Satan was cast down to earth

in that year. :)

• Leolaia
    Leolaia

Rutherford indeed claimed that very thing.

"The so-called 'Mother's Day' was observed in America first in 1914, the very year that Satan's world ended and when he knew his time was short to get ready for the great battle of Armageddon. To induce the people to bestow special honor and worship upon mothers would be one step towards turning the people away from the worship of God, and this is one of his means of preparing for Armageddon... On the face of it the arrangement of 'Mother's Day' seems harmless and calculated to do good. But the people are in ignorance of Satan's subtle hand in the matter, and that he is back of the movement, to turn the people away from God. The slogan is, 'The best mother who ever lived,' the purpose being to establish creature worship, or at least to divert the attention of man from the proper worship of God." (Vindication, Vol. I, 1931, pp. 188-189)

• Mary
    Mary
    To induce the people to bestow special honor and worship upon mothers would be one step towards turning the people away from the worship of God, and this is one of his means of preparing for Armageddon...

Oh dear god in heaven. Only a useless drunken asshole could come up with something as stupid as that. Oh wait a minute! We're talking about Rutherfraud here, so it makes perfect sense!

No one literally "worships" their mothers. And since when was there anything wrong with 'bestowing special honor' upon your mother? Isn't one of the Ten Commandments telling us to do this very thing?

"Honour your father and your mother so that you may live long in the land that Yahweh your God is giving you."---- Exodus 20:12

So Drunkelford's baseless assumption that 'honoring' your mother equates 'worshipping' your mother falls flat on it's own face. Much like the Judge. Stupid moron.

• bohm
    bohm

Mary: "No one literally "worships" their mothers"

Some would hear that and say you have been lucky when it comes to men ;-)

besides that: Way to go Leolaia, you just ruined the joke!

• Mad Sweeney
    Mad Sweeney

Exodus 20:12: Honor your father and your mother in order that your days may prove long upon the ground that Jehovah your God is giving you.

Ephesians 6:1-3: Children, be obedient to YOUR parents in union with [the] Lord, for this is righteous: 2 “Honor your father and [your] mother”; which is the first command with a promise: 3 “That it may go well with you and you may endure a long time on the earth.”

JWs DISobey these commands on one hand while stubbornly sticking to Mosaic law commandments that enhance their control over rank and file Dubs (two witness rule, no blood, etc.)

• RebeccaChi
    RebeccaChi

Hahaha! Mary, that was great!

• joelingeorgia
    joelingeorgia

wow, I was just kidding. Although it doesn't surprise me that they would turn Mother's Day

into another creature worship occasion like birthdays.

sigh. wacky wacky wacky

• PSacramento
    PSacramento

Mad Sweeny hit it right on the head.

While we love our parents everyday and we hnour them, everyday, for all that they did and do for us, to dedicate A special day for them is only proper.

My eldest made a card for her mommy, she picked the tmeplate and changed the words to be from her and her sister.

Mommy loved it ( she cried of course) and at lunch, after I said Grace, she said she wanted to say soemthing too and she tahnks God for the wonderfully mommy she has, how amazing she is, and how much her and her sister love and appreaciate all that mommy does.

Mommy, of course cried like a baby :)

Yep, Satan at work.

• snowbird
    snowbird

From Wiki:

On May 9, 1914, President Woodrow Wilson issued a proclamation, declaring the first national Mother's Day ...

Exactly 96 years ago.

Take that Satan!

Sylvia

• mentallyfree31
    mentallyfree31

Interesting. I did not know any of this.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit