Latest Awake on smoking

by tiki 1 Replies latest jw friends

• tiki
    tiki

Has anyone got this to post? I put it out to recycle already, but at the beginning of the article is a box describing a dangerous friend on which one becomes dependent. It is just amazing, but it completely describes the false friend the dominators aka GB are to the "flock". They insidiously creep into your life and take over.

• WTWizard
    WTWizard

I never get the Asleep! rags nowadays (and hope to keep it that way). But, if smoking is viewed as a dependency, they should also be bashing themselves for the same issue. Children are taught to be helpless outside the cancer, and they almost never make it in real life because of bans on everything from partying, associating with outsiders, dating, and college. Then, they are told that pio-sneering is the only career choice they have, aside Beth Hell.

No, I do not believe one should start smoking, either. However, the Jehovah's Witless cult is worse--you lose the ability to think, your life is ruined, everything you do is what the Filthful and Disgraceful Slavebugger tells you to, you are less healthy, and probably lose as many years of life as a smoker would (or more) because of the crap diets, dry cleaning chemicals, and lack of sleep. Also, with smoking, you are not directed in everything you do as you are in the religion, and no one hounds you to do ever more. And, despite the difficulties, it is possible to quit smoking without ruining your family life.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit