Interesting "godly?" experience

by k9groomer 2 Replies latest jw experiences

• k9groomer
    k9groomer

I haven't been here in forever hope I get back to view the replies. I had an interesting experience recently and wanted to share. I was raised as a JW for 18 yrs. Struggled with religion. Hubby and I over a year ago got deeply close to God. Attended a Baptist church for awhile that fell apart blah blah, still believe strongly in God in everyday life.

ANYWAY..... Awhile back my mom who I know is dying to save my life "in the truth" dropped by a Watchtower and Awake. They sat on the coffee table for over a week. I decided to pick one up one night and compare it to scripture as I've done in the past with their bible vs KJ etc.

Hubby was not happy but said "just make sure whatever scripture is written you read the one before and after. This is where it gets odd. The washer was going at the time, we are on a well..... I got through the 4th paragraph and compared a scripture outloud. He said "see!!!!! it has nothing to do with that" blah blah etc. Washer turned off, water quit. He said "see!!!!!!! I told you, you shouldn't have read that." etc. I'm kind of chuckling thinking nothing of it. He checks around, griping about how God is speaking to us and I shouldn't have done that. After a squabble, I said "FINE!" I rip the Watchtower in pieces and threw it away. BOOM! water started working.... OH ABOUT 30 min later I decide to pick up the AWAKE. After I was warned by Hubby AGAIN!, which I think is a complete fluke and I'm arguing "this is actually a good magazine, more general" etc Guess what??? water turned off again!!! I rip it up, no water problem like this beofre or since and he has banned such literature from our house.

Guess my question is from those whb believe in God. What do you make of this? He swore it was God's doing. Trying to warn us.... The JW ingrained part of me that wilk NEVER leave thought "oh that is the devil not wanting us to know the truth."

THOUGHTS?????

Thanks, Rhonda

• tec
    tec

I tend not to pay much attention to these things. That could be a fault of mine, or not. But by this reasoning, I could blame the awful day I had today by taking the magazines given to me at the door this morning, instead of refusing them.

Trying to read signs would drive me nuts. I prefer to just live life as Christ taught, and accept that I'm making mistakes along the way.

Tammy

• snowbird
    snowbird

LOL, Rhonda!

Listen to your husband and your water!

Sylvia

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit