2034 new date for Armageddon???

by ClassickConcept 32 Replies latest jw friends

• Gayle
    Gayle

I think 2034 is too far away for them to set up a date that far away, at least at this time, maybe they could push that in 2029. An end-time cult has to believe the "end" is very soon to pick up the necessary fervor and dedication. They need a date or time frame within maybe 5 yrs to keep the controlling scare focus.

• Mad Sweeney
    Mad Sweeney

I agree, Gayle. But they can set the stage for it and slowly ramp it up. They spent 8 or 9 years hyping '75 as the Armageddon date. They spent around 30 hyping Armageddon in 1914, "not the beginning, but the end of the time of trouble."

• WTWizard
    WTWizard

They refuted it because it was 1988 when the Hindsight book came out, and 2034 would have slowed field circus to a snail's pace. However, when it comes around 2028 or 2029, they will be pushing 2034 (and will blot out that writing from memory). And, predictably, it will be the publishers' fault that they put in too much importance into the date when 2035 comes along.

• Think About It
    Think About It

THe New System is so close you can smell it.

And what does it smell like? Fresh cut green grass? Apple pie?

I always thought it would stink pretty bad with all those dead bodies everywhere.

Think About It

• darth frosty
    darth frosty

Remember when some CO started saying how we are in the toes of the great image?

Or some claptrap like that.

• nancy drew
    nancy drew

now everybody don't forget "the time left is reduced"

• blondie
    blondie

toenails, Darth Frosty.

• wha happened?
    wha happened?

Then there was the loon CO who stated at a DA that the great tribulation had already begun.

It's all a circle jerk anyways. There will probably be an interim date between now and 2034 to keep the publishers selling

• yadda yadda 2
    yadda yadda 2

John Denton says he wasn't a JW but he has a daughter who is/was. His research is at www.tangotango.org.uk

• RR
    RR

There is one Bible Student I know who has been touting the date 2043 for the past 15 years. http://2043ad.com/

Of course this is his date and not the date held by the majority, although he has convinced a few.

RR

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit