Local Needs

by EmptyInside 6 Replies latest social entertainment

• EmptyInside
    EmptyInside

This week for the Service Meeting is a local needs part. I just wondered, for those that are fading, what was your congregations local needs for this week? And for those who have been out awhile, what were some of the problems uncovered during local needs?

I guess my hall's long-winded, because we were told to keep our comments,brief, and to the point. I'm actually, grateful, because I get a bit nervous when someone wants to give another public talk during the Watchtower study. That was our local needs. Boring, I know. But, it's a relief when they are boring. At least no one's in trouble for now. Next time, it will be about not starting threads on apostate websites. lol.

• serenitynow!
    serenitynow!

Why do you get nervous i3 someone gives a long comment?

• EmptyInside
    EmptyInside

Okay, maybe nervous is the wrong word, more like uncomfortable and just a little embarrassed for the person. Because, everyone's already tuned them out. And a lot of times, the comments are way off topic. And we have some in the hall, who share too much personal information in their comments. And I'm just generally restless during the meetings.

• mentallyfree31
    mentallyfree31

Most of our local needs were about money. Give more. That seemed to be a common thread. Not every time, but a whole lot.

• MissingLink
    MissingLink

Thinking is bad. Read paragraph, repeat paragraph. No thinking required, and no danger of someone sharing one of their nasty "independent thoughts".

• Mad Sweeney
    Mad Sweeney

A former congregation of mine where I still have family had a "marking possible apostates we haven't caught and DF'd yet" Local Needs talk a couple months ago. I wonder whether my old congregation had the same thing and whether it was aimed at me and my family. I know we have been shunned just as cold-turkey as we quit the meetings so I suspect it probably was, or at the very least the gossip grapevine went haywire about us.

• Girlie
    Girlie

Local needs change like underwear in my congregation. Most of them were worthless and shouldn't have even had 15 minutes of mic time to begin with.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit