SEX change

by jolly_green_giant 2 Replies latest social relationships

• jolly_green_giant
    jolly_green_giant

I just thought of a weird question.

What would happen if a JW decided that they wanted to have a sex change and still be a JW. I think that they'd more than likely be DF'd, but would they ever be able to be re-instated in the future if they wanted to?

That'd be odd if they attended the same congragation after.

• Angharad
    Angharad

In my old hall, someone once had study with someone who had had a sex change, dont think it lasted though, to many disapproving looks when they came to the meeting probably put them off.

• Scully
    Scully

I remember reading an account like this in a magazine several years ago (not a WT or Awake!, obviously).

The fellow was raised as a JW, even married and had children. But he had this overwhelming feeling that he had been meant to be a woman. He abandoned his family, was DFd, and then went about having the sex-change surgery.

S/he later got married to a man, and was living happily ever after, as the story goes. S/he had no desire to return to the JWs.

They showed "before" and "after" pics too. Would never know they were the same individual.

Love, Scully

It is not persecution for an informed person to expose a certain religion as being false. - WT 11/15/63

A religion that teaches lies cannot be true. -WT 12/1/91

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit