Changing of the Guard

by man in black 5 Replies latest jw friends

• man in black
    man in black

I work at a local community college, and for the past two years I would notice the witnesses had a table in a student area.

Usually it would have 2-4 witnesses sitting there talking to each other, or yacking on their cell phones.

But the big attraction was the banner, it was long enough to cover two card tables end to end (12-15 feet).

It said "The Watchtower and Awake magazines" Like that alone is going to attract students...

This afternoon I strolled by and noticed that they have a new banner.

White background with the words :Why Do We Suffer" in bold letters. That's all.

I thought that was pretty strange.

• Scarred for life
    Scarred for life

Did they ever sell any magazines with the banner "Watchtower and Awake"? I would think the new banner would attract more attention and discussion.

• jamiebowers
    jamiebowers
    This afternoon I strolled by and noticed that they have a new banner.
    White background with the words :Why Do We Suffer" in bold letters. That's all.

You should walk up and say to them, "If hawking the Watchtower and Awake is causing you to suffer, why don't you stop doing it?" LOL!

• exjw2814
    exjw2814

Hey, just wanted to know if there are any born again christains out there ?? Like other soldiers in Christ Jesus our Lord we seek fellowship. Whats your experience ? perhaps upon leaving the WTBTS ?. What does the good word mean to you ? The bible means something totally different for me now then when I was a Jehovahs Witness. That's for sure. Thanks!

• exjw2814
    exjw2814

Yeah your very right! The witnesses are very strange. It's quite something.

• Broken Promises
    Broken Promises

LOL @ jamiebowers

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit