The perfect is the enemy of the good

by JeffT 8 Replies latest jw friends

• JeffT
    JeffT

I've been thinking about this quote (usually attributed to Voltaire). My last employer was never satisfied with good, he always found a way to demand more.

The WTBS has the same problem. Putting in ten hours a month regularly, you should Aux. Pioneer. Aux. pioneer a couple of times a year, you should regular pioneer. Never miss a meeting. Can't say "$hit" when you hit your thumb with the hammer. Don't ever miss a meeting. It goes on endlessly. I hear they no longer have congregation get togethers because something or somebody might get out of hand. It is no wonder the JW's I see on the street look like whipped puppies.

They will never be able to say or do anything that will make the WTBS say "well done good and faithful servant."

I don't think God/Goddess/the mindless universe wants us to live like that.

• happy1975
    happy1975

This perfection thing was actually the key to my undoing as a JW. I tend to lean toward perfectionism anyway but the WT totally pushed me over the edge and drove me into a deep depression because I constantly felt that I wasn't good enough.

Now I'm perfectly IMPERFECT and it's the best thing ever.

-Happy

• snowbird
    snowbird

The God of the universe does NOT want anyone to live like that.

Matthew 11:28 -30 "Are you tired? Worn out? Burned out on religion? Come to me. Get away with me and you'll recover your life. I'll show you how to take a real rest. Walk with me and work with me—watch how I do it. Learn the unforced rhythms of grace. I won't lay anything heavy or ill-fitting on you. Keep company with me and you'll learn to live freely and lightly." MSG

Sylvia

• LittleSister
    LittleSister

True if God had a set way for us to live I think it would be more obvious and less cryptic.

Life is a gift to not live it to the full would be ungrateful.

• AGuest
    AGuest

Oh my (our) God, dear Ms. Sylvie (peace to you!)... what an interpretation!! Praise WE don't have to stick with just one Bible version!

Thank you... and may JAH bless!

Your servant, sister, and a slave of Christ,

Shel

• snowbird
  • AGuest
    AGuest

True if God had a set way for us to live...

He did, dear Lil Sis (peace to you!). The Holy One of Israel, JAHESHUA MISCHAJAH, who is His Son and Christ. And the Way. Which God set... before us. We only have to look at/to/follow that One.

Again, peace to you!

A slave of Christ,

SA

• peaches
    peaches

whats this about not being able to have congregation get togethers????? elaborate more please jefft....thanks peaches

• Robdar
    Robdar

I love this:

Now I'm perfectly IMPERFECT and it's the best thing ever.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit