What was the 5/1/10 Talk On?

by Confuzzled 8 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Confuzzled
    Confuzzled

I need to be prepared. BF was awful chipper after the meeting today.

• Confuzzled
    Confuzzled

BTW ending an argument with a sarcastic "You will let me know when the new system is here right?" is never a positive way to end a conversation.

• Mary
    Mary

No idea hon. Unless it's a 'Spacial-talk", I think they vary from congregation to congregation.......you could always ask your BF what the subject was on......whatever it was, I'm sure it was total bullshit.

• Confuzzled
    Confuzzled

Funny I always thought it was bullshit. Oh, and if you don't know what the talk was on, it means he was lied too. He puts his glazed donut gaze on when he talks about how all KH the world over discuss the same topic every Sunday and how amazing it is they all discuss the same thing.

• Mythbuster
  • yknot
    yknot

Yep each congregation schedules their own talks unless it is a 'special talk', Memorial or CO visit.

If you go to his KH you should be able to find the talk list (outline number or title) on the bulletin board........ I have some of the outlines and will gladly send via PM. Some men write an introduction and than stick verbatim to the outline others are more creative with their presentations......but they incorporate points of the outline and scriptures that say 'READ'.

• Mythbuster
    Mythbuster

oh, oops, nm

• Mad Sweeney
    Mad Sweeney

The Watchtower Study (aka, Kool-Aid Session) is the same topic worldwide every week. The talk, especially now that it is only a half hour long, is just time-killer before the WT, which still is an hour long and probably always will be.

Special talk is usually a couple weeks after the Memorial. That one is the same worldwide.

COs give the same talk for five or six months as they cover the circuit.

• Mary
    Mary
    The Watchtower Study (aka, Kool-Aid Session) is the same topic worldwide every week.

You're kidding?! When did that change??? I remember when each Hall had a different talk.......Then again, I guess this would be another example of "unity" if everyone had to have the same talk.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit