Why will you ALWAYS be a Witless - even by denying it??

by hamsterbait 9 Replies latest jw friends

• hamsterbait
    hamsterbait

No matter what anybody here says, you should NEVER EVER disclose to your friends you used to be a DUB.

You are either

1: An ACTIVE witless

2: weak

3: inactive

4: out of the truth

5: an EX JW

6: a former JW

7: apostate (JW) Even if you have joined another faith. You are now a Catholic (former JW) insert faith accordingly.

Once the tar is on you it is INERASABLE.

You will be forever defined in relation to the cult that once caressed you with its tentacles.

I choose NOT to tell any of my friends about my cult connections. I want them to see me as ornary, everyday normal.

Not exotic and damaged.

I realised this after a friend (post believer time) said "Wow - I would never have belived it you SEEM (yeah an EX witless can only put on an APPEARANCE of it) so normal." Yet he still comes out with quips that show the impression this revelation made on him.

HB

• hamsterbait
  • bluecanary
    bluecanary
    I want them to see me as ornary, everyday normal.

First, I assume you mean ordinary rather than ornary. Second, I would rather die than be seen as normal. I can't for the life of me understand people who don't want to be unique.

• 5thGeneration
    5thGeneration

My 'worldly' friends get a kick out of what I've gone through as a JW.

We have fun with it.

• gubberningbody
    gubberningbody

I agree. I'll be writing a book, but it will be only for me and anyone I choose to give a copy to.

Like my court appointed psychiatrist.

• Quillsky
    Quillsky

Hamsterbait, I so agree with you. Just the other day a very close friend said "You Jehovahs..." and I almost lost it with her.

"What part of EX Jehovah's Witness don't you understand?"

(And why do you persist in calling them Jehovahs?)

• not a captive
    not a captive

I have another view of your friend's question: He wants you to talk about it.

I have plenty of people for friends since I have time to pursue friendship with them (every minute was taken before with work, family and then WT stuff took everything else). They always new I was a witness before but didn't know how hard/ impossible it was to interact with them while under the control of the religion. I think your friend should hear you tell him how people might get hooked into the Organization and that it is very hard to get out.

He should appreciate what a strong person you are to shake it--and then he just might shut up about it! Maeve

• peachburger
    peachburger

Hola,

Im new to the site! What is DUB?

• gubberningbody
    gubberningbody

JW-Jehovahs-Witness... J="Jay" W-"Double-YOU", or "DUB"... "Jay-Dub"..."Jay-Double-You"...

• Black Sheep
    Black Sheep
    You are either
    1: An ACTIVE witless
    2: weak
    3: inactive
    4: out of the truth
    5: an EX JW
    6: a former JW
    7: apostate (JW) Even if you have joined another faith. You are now a Catholic (former JW) insert faith accordingly.

Bollocks

I am none of the above. You missed at least one. That's what happens when you try to put people in a nice tidy box and slap a label on it.

I don't have any problems describing myself as being brought up in a high control cult, but I don't say which one as it is more important to the person I am talking to to be able to recognise cults by their attributes, rather than by name. I am not an apostate, I am an educator.

The only thing special about Jehovah's Witnesses is that it just happens to be the particular cult that I had the misfortune to be born into. That doesn't make it important to anyone else.

Cheers

Chris

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit