Is my dad locked?

by Strider Arekksu 7 Replies latest jw friends

• Strider Arekksu
    Strider Arekksu

Well, I did everything I could to let my dad know that God is not with this organization, there can only be one truth, and the truth can not change. The TEACHINGS can not change. I gave him writtings breaking it down slowly and logically. He just doesn't get it.

I brought up to the elders when I talked to them that they are calling God and the prophets liars, they basically ignored it, they would defend the organization, even if it meant going against God's word, this was apparaent. There was even a scripture I used that they claimed didn't make sense. I said that I can't worship knowing that I would be using doctrine that is calling God a liar, I would go insane, they looked at ME like I was crazy.

My dad said we have different truth, I mean no disrepect, but does he not know how STUPID that sounds. He was not willing to explain to me how my proof was wrong and how they were right. He just used the dellsuion that the elders used "Even if we are wrong, the people are good, they teach not too do drugs, get in trouble etc. so God must show us favor". What SENSE does that make? You can be as good hearted as you want, you can have SOME truth, you can believe that you were created, if you are worshipping wood and stone you get killed, God demands obeideince and faithfulness to only him, not a stupid organization that lies and defends its own words. This is simple to grasp, why the raw stupidity?

My dad is in computer engineering so I KNOW he is not a moron, I don't get it. He hasn't been to meetings in a LONG time, so I don't see how he can defend them. My grandma beleived this stuff faithfully, she was kind but mislead. She even told me that demons led her family into this religion. A fortune telling Gypsie told them to listen to this "good news".

I don't know what to do, I'm gonna cry, I've prayed, I know the God I pray to is true. I don't want to be in the scenario Abram was in, his dad almost got him killed for him telling him that he was serving false gods and the true God loved him for what he did and saved him from King Nimrod's wrath.

• jamiebowers
    jamiebowers

Your dad is captive to a concept and under cult mind control. There are books that explain this and have been recommended many times on this site. (Google Don Cameron and Steven Hassan).

"Even if we are wrong, the people are good, they teach not too do drugs, get in trouble etc. so God must show us favor".

I said the same thing about "worldly" religions when questioning my study conductor and was told that it wasn't true, because Babylon the Great wasn't part of God's organization. Hypocrites!

• Judge Dread
    Judge Dread

So what organization is God with?

Judge Dread

• Lozhasleft
    Lozhasleft

It is mind control...as soon as you begin speaking their minds lock down on the basis that if its against the org it has to be lies..I remember doing it myself. Individuals have to want to know before they can listen and hear, but give it time, maybe your dad will mull it all over in his own time, especially if he's inactive and isnt getting the opposite drummed into him. Loz x

• transhuman68
    transhuman68

You can tell me to butt out of your thread if you want, but I think sometimes there is no right answer. Whether someone is a liberal or a conservative, a JW or a Mormon; it's an individual choice: and people get more set in their ways as they get older. My advice in the words of the Beatles is: "Let it be". Each person's concept of truth is their own.

• jamiebowers
    jamiebowers
    So what organization is God with?

The Watchtower, of course, LOL!

• Judge Dread
    Judge Dread
    The Watchtower, of course, LOL!

jamie,

I like to clown around here as much as anyone, but can someone tell me which organization God is with?

If you take me off the path leading to lies, then lead me to the path of truth.

If you cannot, then you are just another liar. (I don't mean "you" personally).

Judge Dread

• Strider Arekksu
    Strider Arekksu

He's not with any organization, the teaching that he rejected Isreal is false and was promoted by the Roman Catholic Church, a concpet just passed down through all the sects that it gave birth to including the JWs.

During Constantine's dellusional reign, there was a Council that took the books and just threw out some of the ones that use to be in them claiming they were 'apostic' which was a lie, it was done in the name of their doctrine. Most of the books taken out clear up confusions about prophiecies and what I considered 'plot holes' such as how bad people actually got before the flood and the incident with the tower of Babel. The elders said God gave us 66 books. That is a lie, God never has worked through Gentiles, he did not tell them to take out scrolls. They IMPLIED that I was prmoting racisims, honestly, how can I be if I'm using the scriptures?

I told them that it was God's repsonsiblity to take racial hate out of man, NOT a man made organizations. There would be no races moaning and groaning about any of the others, which I have seen the brothers do in car groups.

They teach that the time of the Gentiles has ended, but it hasn't. Isreal (the phyical decendents) are being punished right now. They are the only way out of this world of lies, once they get their prophets (at Rev Chap 11) the prohpets will wake up the decendants then the WHOLE WORLD will get the truth, these are God's TRUE witnesses. Everyone will get a chance, even people who've never read the Bible or know of its exitence. This is all in scripture, I would qoute, but I'm tired and have a headache.

For right now the best thing anyone can do is, read the scriptures, pray for understanding and follow the commandments that Jesus gave. WAIT for the prophets.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit