How to hurt the "Revolution Muslim" website

by Elsewhere 7 Replies latest jw friends

• Elsewhere
    Elsewhere

You many have recently heard about the "Revolution Muslim" (http://revolutionmuslim.com/) website that is encouraging violence against the creators of South Park.

Revolution Muslim is angry because South Park wanted to simply show a picture of Muhammad. Nothing more.

I went to the http://revolutionmuslim.com/ website and noticed that they are asking for Pay Pal donations.

Keep in mind that every time someone makes a donation, Pay Pal charges 2.9% + $0.30.

Sooooo... if someone donates one penny ($0.01) it means the Revolution Muslim account will go DOWN 29 cents.

Soooooo.... if lots and lots of people all donate 1 penny, the website will loose lots and lots of money.

• John Doe
    John Doe

They don't have to accept the donations Einstein.

• betterdaze
    betterdaze

.01 x 2.9 = .029

.029 + .30 = .329

.329 – .01 = .319

?

• Elsewhere
    Elsewhere

> They don't have to accept the donations Einstein.

PayPal will charge them for all transactions.

• Blue Grass
    Blue Grass

Obviously I'm not a muslim but I have no problem with this site. The creators of south park just wanted to be douchebags and make fun of someone's religion. They just wanted attention and now they're getting it.

Blue Grass

• John Doe
    John Doe
    > They don't have to accept the donations Einstein.

Wrong. They would have to accept the money first.

• betterdaze
    betterdaze

It can be scripted for a set minimum. Enter a lesser amount, and the transaction cannot be completed.

Click the "Donate" button for an example of how this works: Donation Example - Minimum Amount Script.

~Sue

• John Doe
    John Doe

A more productive way to hurt them would be to file a formal complaint with their hosting service.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit