been stalked by a mormon boy today in the street ! so persistant it was scarey

by looloo 3 Replies latest jw friends

• looloo
    looloo

i was going to school to pick up my little one and was running late already when i saw a lady i know from church she was shouting something about god at somebody , she said to me "watch out jws about " so i was relieved when i noticed the 2 young men chatting to another person and thought i would whizz past quickly , but one of them got me , i said i was in a rush but he insisted on walking with me , i told him i had had a jw experiance that put me off religions for ever , he told me he was a mormon , and then started about "lucifer was nothing to fear bla bla bla " i said i know you mean well but i trust nobody after what happened to my daughter and im not interested , he said he was very sorry about my daughter and gave up ! ive lived here 18 months and has quite a few mormon experiances but only 2 jw ones , it appears the mormons are spreading the word more than jws ! do they believe in armageddon ?

• serenitynow!
    serenitynow!

I don't know. I heard they do have some funky afterlife views, about various heavens though. I have found when it comes to people trying to proselytise to me, what works best is the old stand by from FS, "I have my own religion." I usually say it as I am closing the door or walking away. Do not break stride, conversation is not an option. Unless you really want to talk!

• rockmehardplace
    rockmehardplace

i always like the mormons. very cool bicycles. white shirts. special underwear.

• Black Sheep
    Black Sheep

I just posted this on another thread, but I'll repeat it here...

I say, "I was born into a high control cult!", then answer any questions they ask.

I never tell them which one, explaining that because there are thousands of them, it is more important to be able to identify a cult by its attributes than by name.

This works well with Mormons should they accost you. You can keep talking to them about cultish behaviour for ages without mentioning JWs or Mormon specifically. You can see it in their eyes when you strike a chord.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit