computer problems..can anyone help?? thanks if you can

by peaches 7 Replies latest jw friends

• peaches
    peaches

thought i would ask again...when i first started on this site,,,i had my smileys etc...i do not know what happened...but they are gone now??? i am computer stupid,,,to put it bluntly,,,,i have down loaded several sites,,,,but don't know where they are?? i have pushed all kinds of buttons,,,and have NO IDEA what i have done....

i have smileys on my email page,,,but not here on my google home page???...it is a small thing...but i don't communicate the best and these added features help,,,,and besides i really enjoy using them...i need to get some rest,,,as i work nights,,,so big thank you in advance if you do know how to help...gratefully...peaches

• MsDucky
    MsDucky

Did you look in your documents?

• peaches
    peaches

ms ducky...................i am going to look!!! i am older...did not have these things growing up....

• Lozhasleft
    Lozhasleft

Lol thank goodness its not just me !!

Loz x

• peaches
    peaches

lozhasleft---can you stand it!! hahaha....whole world is technical,,,,when i grew up,,,i remember you were lucky if you had a private phone line...we used what was called "party lines!! cell phones,,computers....etc etc.how different life would have been....peaches

• Finally-Free
    Finally-Free
    i have pushed all kinds of buttons,,,and have NO IDEA what i have done....

I hate to say it, but this is a great way to get a computer infected with a virus or other malware. Several of these "smiley" offerings are nothing more than a vehicle for spyware and trojans. I suggest doing some research before using them to determine which are safe. I can't count the number of computers I've had to restore from scratch because people insist on using this stuff and sending it to others in emails.

W

• zombie dub
    zombie dub

you wont have smilies on a google homepage because google determines what goes on there. Each site displays whatever it chooses to display - you cant install things into websites - doesnt work like that

• peaches
    peaches

oh god,,,,thank you so much....stupidity isn't always a blessing....hahahaha

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit