Matthew 24:14 - past statements concerning

by wannabefree 4 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• wannabefree
    wannabefree

I am just wondering ...

One of the issues I would hold on to and I have used and heard others use in the ministry is about the preaching ... you know, ONLY Jehovah's Witnesses are doing it, they are fulfilling this prophecy ...

Since the organization has predicted the date for Armageddon in the past, did they ever make statements as to what degree this preaching had been accomplished or have explanations on this changed over the years as well?

• hoser
    hoser

In The divine plan of the ages(I don't have the page #) Russell wrote that the preaching work was completed in the 19th century!

• Lieu
    Lieu

It was fullfilled in the 1st Century CE by the original Apostles and disciples.

• Terry
    Terry

The Preaching Work is a phrase that doesn't ask the question: Preaching What?

What are they preaching?

Doesn't THAT matter?

A soup kitchen that dispenses poison soup would be shut down.

• wannabefree
    wannabefree

I can understand the thinking OUTSIDE of the organization and am coming to grips with that, I just wondered if since actual dates were predicted for Armageddon such as 1925, did they also make comments leading up to that why they were confident that Mat 24:14 had been fulfilled?

Hoser's reference to divine plan of the ages makes sense since CT Russell believed Armageddon to be imminent even prior to 1900.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit