The Secret is out....but nobody cares

by MrTheocratic 104 Replies latest jw experiences

• Listener
    Listener
    I am surprised by your observation Mr Theoctratic. There are so many JWs who are more than ready to out someone and who will not have anything negative said about the organization.
  • MrTheocratic
    MrTheocratic

Thanks for the welcome all....

I find it hard to believe that even hardliners are gulping down all this stuff hook line and sinker. For God's sake it's 2014..I venture to say that this organization never believed we will be still in this "old system" this long.

Those who don't have doubts most also believe in Bigfoot and other mythical creatures. The evidence against the organization is everywhere. Even my dear old mother on her smartphone came across information by accident. She told me that she was on the society's website and "their were comments from brothers speaking against the organization." I just laughed and said "Ma that wasn't the right website that was an "apostate" website"......she then said "well some of the things they were saying was true".

• Hairtrigger
    Hairtrigger
    Wecome. Great first post.
  • MrTheocratic
    MrTheocratic
    Freemindfade 1998-2002
  • MrTheocratic
    MrTheocratic
    Lifeistoshort I feel your pain. I'm truly sorry.
  • cappytan
    cappytan

Welcome. There are many ex Bethelites on here.

I'm ex Patterson, 2001-2002.

• FayeDunaway
    FayeDunaway

yay to your mom!! I bet she comes back and reads some more to see more true things that witnesses aren't saying :).

and welcome!! I never formally introduced myself but I appreciate those who do.

I bet this is a regional thing. In places with nice climates and good schools the witnesses aren't believing so strongly anymore. In places with real struggles the paradise hope still has its luster. (Thoughts on that?)

• Magnum
    Magnum
    I find it hard to believe that even hardliners are gulping down all this stuff hook line and sinker. For God's sake it's 2014..I venture to say that this organization never believed we will be still in this "old system" this long.

I'd love to know how many really are gulping it all down. That has been one of my main questions over the last few years. I'm constantly saying to my wife: "I wonder what XXXXX is really thinking now. It seems like she would have to have doubts."

Actually, it's 2015! And I agree with you. That should cause all JWs to think. However, many JWs don't even seem to realize that they were supposed to be fairly deep into the new world by now. They don't remember or never knew at all the pre-1995 generation doctrine. They know nothing of the 1975 debacle. They don't understand current JW theology, but they love the GB and their JWdotORG.

Read the thread I started a few weeks ago about the 30-something-year old who "witnessed" to me in a parking lot. She was totally in. The hook was way down her throat. She constantly referred me to JWdotORG. The look in her eyes told me she believed it all 100%. I know many who are like that. Almost all the elders in my area are.

Again, I believe it's related to intelligence, knowledge, thinking ability, normalcy, etc. The normal, well-read JWs are the ones, I believe, who are questioning, doubting, and not swallowing it all. Problem is, there ain't too many JWs who are in that category.

.I venture to say that this organization never believed we will be still in this "old system" this long.

We certainly weren't supposed to be according to the teachings and mindset that existed when I was at my peak in the 80's and early 90's.

Those who don't have doubts most also believe in Bigfoot and other mythical creatures.

I agree with your feelings. While they might not believe in Bigfoot, they are certainly naive and gullible.

The evidence against the organization is everywhere.

Yes, it is, but these people have blinders on. They are kept so distracted by their JW busy work that they don't have time to look around. Also, they are programmed to be suspicious of all info except that coming from the Magnificent 7. And maybe you're giving them too much credit; a lot of them just ain't that bright. They don't have the processing power to recognize and assimilate the evidence.

• Question_Mans_interpretation
    Question_Mans_interpretation
    Welcome, I truly appreciate when new ones share pieces of their stories. It gives me hope that maybe some day members of my enormous JW family will wake up to ttatt
  • MrTheocratic
    MrTheocratic
    Fayedunaway your observation may be correct. Here in this area there is a prestigious university that many have sent there children to and many do live comfortably. It does seem that those with less buy into it a little more zealously because they have nothing else.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit