Warning about your avatar

by Quillsky 6 Replies latest jw friends

• Quillsky
    Quillsky

If you're concerned about your privacy on the internet, I would like to give you a quick warning.

Your avatar here, whether it is customized or a gravatar (the creature thing), is linked to your email address. So if you comment on certain other sites with the same email address that you registered with here, the same image may appear.

For some it's not a big deal, for others it is.

I found this out, and decided to look into it further, when I saw my very same gravatar appear next to a comment I'd left on a friend's blog.

Read more here......... http://en.gravatar.com/

• Mickey mouse
    Mickey mouse

Thanks. Apart from the fact that I have forgotten what email I used to register here; I wouldn't use gravatar for precisely this reason.

• Scott77
    Scott77

Based on that information,I think its a good idea to use a different email to eliminate the possibility of link up.

• WTWizard
    WTWizard

This may be important. If you post elsewhere, and Brother Hounder sees your gravatar there, he might look here and find the exact same gravatar. Which is why I would prefer regular avatars--and why I use a different one here than on MySpace and JWS.

Not foolproof--any hounder that really wants to waste a week or so could probably figure out that I am posting here. But, at least I can make them waste countless hours of time trying to find who is posting here, give them the temptation to accuse the wrong person (wasting even more time, plus pxxxing them off so they might also start posting here), and be exposed to apostate material from multiple sources. Making it easy will only allow them to quickly get you, without wasting more than an hour or so of their time instead of several weeks.

• peaches
    peaches

thank you.....

• choosing life
    choosing life

That could get complicated.

• dgp
    dgp

How can you upload an image fle instead of the gravatar?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit