Angels In America

by WuzLovesDubs 4 Replies latest jw friends

• WuzLovesDubs
    WuzLovesDubs

Has anybody seen this? Its an HBO special that I rented. 6 hours long... gosh its...profound, enthralling. A-list actors, Al Pacino, Meryl Streep and more. Its kind of like the movie Crash where all these different lives become intertwined, but its about 1985 and the onset of the AIDS virus and living genuine lives in the face of religious beliefs and prejudices...its amazing.

• VoidEater
    VoidEater

I saw it onstage in San Francisco in the mid-90's - it was all of those things you mention.

• Adiva
    Adiva

It's awesome. Great performances and the story is impelling. I love Emma Thompson as the angel. "My wrath is as fearsome as my countenance is splendid." Must see TV.

• WuzLovesDubs
    WuzLovesDubs

It was actually quite funny in places and I had this guilt about laughing at such a heavy topic. The angel appears and says "Present the holy impliments!" and the dying man says ..."I dont have any holy implements!" She looks puzzled at him and says, "Hold on a second." And she talks to Joseph somewhere above her and says "Thats right....he says never GOT them!" Im paraphrasing but it was very funny. And they quote all the time from the Wizard of Oz and you have to laugh about it.

I just finished it this afternoon...trying to distract myself from the rest of the hell going on in my life right now.

• Gypsy Sam
    Gypsy Sam

I'm on the second disc now. Fascinating!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit