Birthday confusion! help!

by highdose 5 Replies latest jw friends

• highdose
    highdose

I'm ( yes moi) organising a birthday party for a 50 year old, but i need to know, at what point in the party is the cake supposed to be presented???

I have no idea, and feel too embarrsed to ask a "worldly"

• yknot
    yknot

What type of B-day party are you having?

Surprise?

Dinner?

Outing?

• Michelle365
    Michelle365

Highdose-- it's your party! do as you want! there's no hard and fast rules! one more benefit of not being in a controling cult!!

what else are you planning? what time seems most fitting?

• highdose
    highdose

its a surprise dinner out. for someone else. I'm keeping things traditional basicly because for me traditional has never been done!

trouble is once again i don't know what the norm is!

• yknot
    yknot

Meal first, cake second.

For instance you will go out, order, eat and than the restaurant will bring out an entire cake or slice with single candle (you can substitute any dessert as long as it has a single candle).....staff sings 'Happy B-day' along with guests.

Make sure the restaurant knows ahead in advance that this is a 'b-day' dinner......

If on the other hand you are merely just going out to dinner and than returning home to a cake you have prepared......than simply have it ready to light the candles upon arriving home from dinner.

Hope this helps.....

• LittleSister
    LittleSister

Yes think of it as the desert course.

Also make sure you have the cake candles lit, lights dimmed and everyone is primed to sing happy birthday.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit