Ethnic recipes......Post here!

by restrangled 0 Replies latest jw friends

• restrangled
    restrangled

We all love to eat out and try new dishes.

To make them at home sometimes becomes impossible.

If you have an ethnic recipe that you care to share please post here.

I have something from a Puerto Rican chef,.... I haven't made it in ages but just did and forgot how delicious it was!

It is not a typical American recipe with amounts so I will try to make it easy for you to try if you're interested.

CHILES EN HAOGADA

6 poblano chilies, roasted, skinned and seeded. (Do not let them get soupy...just roast the skins.

Skin them after cooled and cut them in half discarding the seeds. Lay the halves in a 9 x 5 pan.

In the mean time fry up 2 RIPE plantains (Ripe plantains are almost black in your grocery store) after slicing them in a little olive oil , just long enough to get them hot, add 1 pound very low fat ground beef, One can diced tomatoes drained, 1 tsp. cumin, 1 tsp. garlic, 1 tablespoon Italian seasoning and salt and pepper to taste. Once the ground beef is cooked through add in 1/2 cup sliced almonds, and 1/2 cup high quality raisins and 1 apple peeled and diced of your choice.

After the above is heated through for another 5 minutes ,stuff the poblano chillies with the mixture and top with Fresco cheese.....Heat on low broil until cheese is melted.

There will be left over beef mixture which is absolutely addictive!

Enjoy!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit