The Art of Deflection - Proverbs 13:12

by wannabefree 4 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• wannabefree
    wannabefree

Another Special Assembly Day experience ...

This is one that gets me. One of the talks went on about patience, stick with it, almost there, don't give up on Jehovah, he's not slow respecting his promise, his patience saves lives ... etc. etc. etc.

PLEASE! It's not Jehovah that I gave up on. Don't guilt me by claiming its my being impatient with Jehovah! I am tired of a religion that says it speaks for Jehovah! It's the FALSE PROPHET I have lost patience for.

I understand why the Jewish scribes were worried about God's name being used abusively and so tried to protect it and not use it ... look at the shame the organization has brought upon that name!

The impatience comes from Proverbs 13:12 (NWT) Expectation postponed is making the heart sick, but the thing desired is a tree of life when it does come.

Expectation postponed is when you are told year after year after decade after decade ... keep in expectation, where almost there, just around the corner, we're at the doorstep, we're just inches away, we're close now, just think how much closer we are than when you became a believer ....

It makes me sick.

• Robdar
    Robdar

The society's claptrap made me sick also. I am so glad to be free from that Godless religion. It is my sincere hope that you will be free one day too.

• Lozhasleft
    Lozhasleft

I agree Wannabe they are bringing such reproach on God's name...

Loz x

• peaches
  • snowbird
    snowbird

Proverbs 13:12 Unrelenting disappointment leaves you heartsick,
    but a sudden good break can turn life around. MSG

I hear you, WBF.

With WT, it's one disappointment after another.

Its hold on people has got to be broken - and soon!

Sylvia

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit