Contradicting ideas about Satan and governing ourselves

by PYRAMIDSCHEME 4 Replies latest jw friends

• PYRAMIDSCHEME
    PYRAMIDSCHEME

While listening to the special talk on Sunday the speaker made a statement about something we have all heard a million times: Satan is in control of this system and its governments and is the cause of mankind's ills. But the statement made me think. We all were taught that we are, during this time of the end, proving beyond a shadow of a doubt that man is not capable of guiding his own step, in other words we need God. But could we not as humans legitimately say to God we did not get a fair shot at it since we had this powerful spirit creature hindering us every step of the way?

It seems like a contradiction to say that man cant govern himself and that Satan is in control, if we are not in control than we can not be blamed for not being able to solve our problems. And therefore it seems that the so called question that this is all about who has the right to rule is not a legit one, I just cant reconcile that this God vs. Satan power struggle is what this is all about, that explanation doesn't make since to me. It's like blaming a 3 year old little girl for not being able to defend herself against Bruce Lee.

Am I wrong?

• Mythbuster
    Mythbuster

And, he cheats!

(Genesis 11:5-9) 5 And Jehovah proceeded to go down to see the city and the tower that the sons of men had built. 6 After that Jehovah said: "Look! They are one people and there is one language for them all, and this is what they start to do. Why, now there is nothing that they may have in mind to do that will be unattainable for them. 7 Come now! Let us go down and there confuse their language that they may not listen to one another's language." 8 Accordingly Jehovah scattered them from there over all the surface of the earth, and they gradually left off building the city. 9 That is why its name was called Ba′bel, because there Jehovah had confused the language of all the earth, and Jehovah had scattered them from there over all the surface of the earth.

• wobble
    wobble

Great point, Pyra,

So the war of Armageddon is more against natural justice than any other war.

How can the humans, ruled by Satan, be adversely judged when they had no choice as to the direction the rulership took ?

Yet another example that one of the qualities that is supposed to make up "Jehovah" , i.e Justice, is severely lacking.

Wobble

• Aussie Oz
    Aussie Oz

So then, as i remember it, they didn't want to spread out as per Gods decree and built Babel. However, given enough time they would have needed to anyway, and as Jehovah himself admitted: Why, now there is nothing that they may have in mind to do that will be unattainable for them.

Given the chance, i dare say that mankind may well have made a good shot at it if the devine beings stayed out of it... god new that and couldn't take the slap in the face...?

i dont like God

oz

• Robert7
    Robert7

PS, very good point! I never thought of that before!

It's like God tied a big weight on us, threw is in the deep end, and is blaming us for not being able to stay afloat.

The more you think of all this, the more silly the concept of Satan really is...

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit