wait, after 1000 years, i may not be good enough?

by rockmehardplace 9 Replies latest jw friends

• rockmehardplace
    rockmehardplace

in conjunction with sd-7's topic - so we make it through the big "A". we go a full thousand years to perfection, and then the bad guy is let loose to see who he can take with him. is this fair? i was good the whole time to make it through, moved on to perfection in 1000 years by cleaning up the mess that was left behind, learning from all the new light and scrolls, and you tell me that i still am not safe? i have to go through this again?

check please? i am outta here.

• dgp
    dgp

Yes, because I say so.

• leavingwt
    leavingwt
    is this fair?

Divine Command Theory -- Simply put, if God does something, it's fair/moral/just/right, etc.

http://www.infidels.org/library/modern/theism/divine.html

• moshe
    moshe

You need not stress about that. In the year 999 AM (after Amageddon), the Watchtower society will print special editions of the WT and hold special assemblies in good old Cedar Point, Ohio, that will get you all prepared for Satan's release. They will have skits and symposiums galore on the convention programs to help you understand how Satan will try to trick you.

• dgp
    dgp

Question: If I understood correctly, only those who have accepted the message and worked hard to deserve being spared at Armageddon will inhabit the Earth. I would assume all these people to have had very good training at resisting Satan under this system of things. So, I would also assume them to be very capable of resisting Satan. Will we get Satan Reloaded, or what? Who will Satan use as conduits for his mischief: the Just, that is to say, precisely those well trained to resist him?

Say I die tomorrow, and all my entrails, bones, blood and pea brains are squeezed against the pavement, so that no one can pick them up and I'm no good for anything, not even the worms. Jehovah resurrects me and I get a second chance. I am not a witness right now, but I am not stupid, and if I see with my own eyes that you guys were right, would I be so stupid as to give in to Satan? Say I am not resurrected because one of you already made me the terrible evil of coming to my door and giving me notice of what would happen to me; you guys would still be smart enough not to blow it after 999 years of trying.

So this temptation thing doesn't sound too logical, does it?

• rockmehardplace
    rockmehardplace

but dgp, you are on the right track. it is satan 2.0. newer version, only badder. just like in terminator 3 when the new terminator comes and the old one has to fight him. the new one is way more advanced. i wonder if satan 2.0 has a cool laser blaster.

• rockmehardplace
    rockmehardplace

if i am perfect, wouldnt i be able to resist any temptations that come my way. usually, i would think the break down would be some flawed thinking in our head. and if we are perfect, then we should be able to see that this is flawed thinking and correct before happening.

Danger Will Robinson! Warning!

• LongHairGal
    LongHairGal

What an ultimate guilt trip. According to this teaching, you will never be good enough and will always have to worry. You can never relax it seems. You will still be having to place literature even in the new system it seems. No end to this never-ending toiling and judgment.

Sounds like a nightmare to me.

• peaches
    peaches

oh god,,,,can you stand it...

• dgp
    dgp

Rockmehardplace: As they said on Earth the old system, "Never fear: Smith the Body of Elders is here".

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit